Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

Re: Marsha's Industry Standard: Have it your way?

by BevP » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:18 am

Funny today we were at a chain steakhouse for lunch and the 6 top table next to ours was descended upon by a group of ladies that tried to out do one another in the making it difficult for the server department. One ordered a wedge salad even though a wedge salad was not on the menu she said its ok they always do it for me...the next one ordered the french onion soup without croutons, no biggie but the next lady also wanted no croutons in her onion soup but also wanted no ONIONS in her onion soup. Just after the server left to put their orders in 2 more family members showed up and squeezed in to make 7 at a 6 top, the server was passing by with a couple of checks she was cashing out the no onion lady shouted the drink orders for the new arrivals at her to which she replied I will be right back to get the orders as soon as I cash these 2 checks out, then they all started going on about how rude she was. I thought look in a mirror the poor server was trying her best and I told her so as we left I told her she deserved a gold star...she was not our server or I would have given her a big tip, ours got my usual 20 percent.
no avatar
User

Gary Z

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 am

by Gary Z » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:08 pm

Large groups of women dining out are the worst. It's like they've never been out in public before. Even teenagers have better manners and require less attention.
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:18 pm

Gary Z wrote:Large groups of women dining out are the worst. It's like they've never been out in public before. Even teenagers have better manners and require less attention.

And a female server could just as easily say that a table full of frat boys or martini infused executive males are the worse. It's like they never get in attention at home.
I think rude, thoughtless people are in all walks of life and all sexes and variations thereof. Kind of pointless to finger point.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Alexis Rich

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:24 pm

by Alexis Rich » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:34 pm

And a female server could just as easily say that a table full of frat boys or martini infused executive males are the worse.

I'm going to get some heat for this. Of course I'm stereotyping but, if you've served enough, you know it's right 90% of the time.

The above is true, however, it's been my experience those guys tip well. Groups of women are usually difficult AND tight with the tip. Of course no amount of money excuses bad behavior.
Previous