Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Little Dave's Roadhouse

User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Little Dave's Roadhouse

by Carla G » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:32 pm

I had a meat day coming to me so I thought I might check out the new restaurant in Crestwood near South East Christian's Crestwood Campus.

I did a search on line for their menu and only found parts of it posted by the public. No website but they do have a FB page. It seems they have another location in Bradenburg that's been plagued by pretty bad reviews. They covered just about every aspect of operations. I thought if this new place would survive in Crestwood it would need all the help it could get. They just opened up this past week and already had one negative review on line for the Crestwood location.

I got there just at 5 (have a bunch of other work to do tonight.) and there were already 7 or 8 tables seated. I saw maybe, 5 or 6 servers, all real young kids. Not 2 years of any kind of work experience between them total. Have no idea what management will do if/when they get their liq. lic. I approached the hostess desk. Looked like a hostess, a seater, and two or three servers hanging out all of which, I kid you not, started arguing that I would not be their table, it was someone else's turn. "Gee guys! You make me feel so happy I came here to eat." (They all turned and stared as if to say, "oh. Did you actually hear that?") I did get seated eventually and I was immediately approached by a nice young man with a menu offering to get me something to drink. The menu is a pretty standard steak house menu. Nothing stood out, nothing special except the offering of homemade pies and several different cheesecakes. I ordered a prime rib sandwich as rare as he could get it. Side of broccoli. Prime rib came out well. Broccoli was way over cooked. My server dropped the check before I was half way through with my meal even though I had told him I would save room for dessert.

So...service was attentive if very inexperienced. And I didn't see a floore supervisor or trainer anywhere. They just threw those poor kids out on the floor with next to no training. Food was mediocre, I had ordered something very simple and the kitchen couldn't get that right. Honestly while I wanted to say something encouraging and positive, and help a new business out in my community, I really see no reason to return. And I hope the nice kid that waited on me finds a restaurant willing to train him.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Little Dave's Roadhouse

by Steve P » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:13 pm

Stopped in for lunch today...The place was about 3/4 full (the parking lot has been packed whenever I drove by the past week or so). It's got a sneeze (salad) bar and meat that is maybe half a notch north of Ponderosa, there are pictures of Hoss Cartwright, Clint Eastwood and John Wayne on the wall along with a bunch of TV's that were pounding out hillbilly music videos...The service was young, polite and inexperienced. No doubt in my mind this place will be a BIG hit with the 10-Percent-Tipping-Oldham-County-Sweet-Tea and Sunday-Go-to-Meetin-Fellowship crowd.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Carla G » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:26 pm

Pretty much what I thought.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Little Dave's Roadhouse - CLOSED

by Steve P » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:47 am

Well THAT sure as hell didn't take long. CLOSED
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Carla G » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:53 pm

Well good! One more chance to get in something decent .
User

TracyBasham

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Brandenburg, Ky

by TracyBasham » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:08 pm

Are you talking about the one on the bypass in Brandenburg? I live within walking distance & it was open about an hr ago.
Not that I care if they close because the food is not good at all.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Carla G » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:18 pm

No I think he's referring to the one found in Crestwood Station in Crestwood Ky.
User

TracyBasham

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Brandenburg, Ky

by TracyBasham » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:10 am

Ahhh, gotcha.
I was reading that from my phone and didnt catch the locale.