Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Red Barn Kitchen

no avatar
User

juan.molina

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Red Barn Kitchen

by juan.molina » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:08 pm

Just saw this on Craigslist. The former Joes Older than Dirt. Apparently, opening soon.

Red Barn Kitchen a southern and BBQ restaurant opening July 18th is hiring all positions:

-Line cooks
-Prep cooks
-Dish washers
-Food runners
-Buss Boys
-Servers
-Bartenders
-Hostess

The candidates need to be friendly, passionate about food and the restaurant business. Compensation is based on expirience starting at $11 to $14.

We are having a job fair Monday June 27, 28, 29 but you can also email your resume to set interview times.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Red Barn Kitchen

by Mark R. » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:29 pm

That's been discussed here several times, it's next restaurant at Fernando Martinez is going to be opening! I talked with him last week and he expects to open it about the 2nd week of July. He said originally had planned to open it earlier than this but once I got into the building they had a lot more work to do than they had anticipated and ended up rebuilding the entire kitchen.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:55 pm

I am totally excited about Red Barn Kitchen's upcoming opening! Fernando Martinez has always developed new and incredibly delicious ways to show his culinary talents in creative, innovative, and entertaining ways.

And if the teaser photos on Facebook are any indication, HOLY MOLY, Look out!
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

Joel F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:21 pm

by Joel F » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:08 am

soft opening tomorrow and sat.

facebook page is up and posting food pictures
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:55 pm

We went to the soft opening Friday evening and while we always love everything that Fernando does I will say that this restaurant didn't impress me to the extent the others have. The staff was doing very well considering they were still in training and they knew the menu very well. I can't say the food was bad because it wasn't but it also didn't blow me away like I expected it to. They were a couple of items that were outstanding however. The Hand Pie appetizer was certainly a standout as was the Fried Green Tomato BLT appetizer. My wife had the pulled pork and it was also very good especially with the NC style vinegar sauce she put on it, her side of sweet potato fries were good but again nothing outstanding. My brisket had great flavor but was a little bit on the dry side, something is quite easy to correct I'm sure it will be. Maybe I should've thought outside of the box a little bit and order the country ham wrapped pork chop, a table next to us had one and they said it was very good.

Overall it was a good experience and I'm sure the restaurant will do very well under Fernando's direction.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"