Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Interesting Article about Mexican Food in Louisville

by Mark R. » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:33 pm

I have to admit that once in a while I browsed through the CJ and while doing so I came across this article: http://www.courier-journal.com/story/li ... /85820662/ .

It talks about how El Camino and Docs Cantina have both basically change their menus because people in Louisville don't like true Mexican food. However I'm not so sure if that's really the problem since the Mayan Café and several other of the small local authentic Taquerias seem to be doing very well. One of the big things the article cites of the problem is that people don't expect to pay as much for Mexican food at these places charge. I'm not sure if that's a problem or not what everybody else's opinion?
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: Interesting Article about Mexican Food in Louisville

by James Natsis » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:54 pm

Mark R. wrote:I have to admit that once in a while I browsed through the CJ and while doing so I came across this article: http://www.courier-journal.com/story/li ... /85820662/ .

It talks about how El Camino and Docs Cantina have both basically change their menus because people in Louisville don't like true Mexican food. However I'm not so sure if that's really the problem since the Mayan Café and several other of the small local authentic Taquerias seem to be doing very well. One of the big things the article cites of the problem is that people don't expect to pay as much for Mexican food at these places charge. I'm not sure if that's a problem or not what everybody else's opinion?

Mark,
You missed the discussion under a title that was not quite obvious. See link below:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24162
James J. Natsis
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:07 pm

The worst part is I actually comment on the other thread!

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:23 pm

Mark R. wrote:The worst part is I actually comment on the other thread!

That was probably one of the best laughs I got out of this forum. Total classic!
James J. Natsis
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:15 pm

James Natsis wrote:
That was probably one of the best laughs I got out of this forum. Total classic!

I'm glad I made your day!