Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Best Nachos in Louisville?

User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

Best Nachos in Louisville?

by Jerry C » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:42 pm

I was watching one of those barbeque paradise shows on the travel channel this afternoon and was going out of my mind wanting some "Q". I know there have been many discussions on the board about the best barbeque in Louisville, but one of the most intriguing items I saw was barbeque nachos! Man, they looked delicious. I love a good traditional plate of nachos, anyway.

That got me to wondering about where to get a good platter of nachos. Give me your opinion of the best nachos in Louisville...traditional or some with a twist...?
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

Re: Best Nachos in Louisville?

by Steve H » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:07 pm

Short rib nachos at Guaca Mole?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:12 pm

Steve H wrote:Short rib nachos at Guaca Mole?

The Hub does both a brisket nacho and a spicy veggie nacho that are pretty solid, but I'm thinking you've nailed No. 1.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:03 pm

Or those at Mussles and Burger Bar. Same recipe I guess. Delightful stuff.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:54 pm

Without a doubt, my fave.

I also like the BBQ nachos at Doc Crows.
no avatar
User

paula.evans

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:11 pm

by paula.evans » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:31 am

Although they are not technically nachos, I'd have to put the loaded tots at Feast into the mix as I consider the carbs to be the tots rather than the chips in nachos - slaw, onions, BBQ sauce and your choice of meat (mine would be the brisket!). Delicious!
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

by Mike D » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:58 pm

The veggie nachos at The Hub are pretty darn good. I've heard really good things about the brisket nachos too, but I don't eat meat. And nachos at El Mundo are comfort food for me.

But for my money the best veggie nachos in town are at Coconut Beach (Fernando's place on Floyd Street right across from the football stadium). We love their food. The place is huge, without a lot of charm, and every time we've been there the customers are pretty sparse. Maybe we've been there at the wrong time because based on the numbers of customers we've seen I don't know how they could be making any money.
no avatar
User

neal.johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Beechmont

by neal.johnson » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:59 am

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!!
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:59 pm

neal.johnson wrote:

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!!

I think I love everything that Fernando does at all up with restaurants except the Short Rib Nachos! To me they are to "wet" for lack of a better word. The flavor is good but the texture just doesn't make it for me! I know I'm probably in the minority but....

Along the same topic of nachos, what place makes really good conventional nachos. I'm talking the ones with chips, beans and ground beef, cheese sour cream and guacamole top with jalapeno slices. Used to be lots of places had pretty decent ones but recently many of them seem to have dropped them from the menus. But any place you can find them now is the "Mexican" places around town and previously many other places also had them.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

neal.johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Beechmont

by neal.johnson » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:28 am

Hell, I don't even know if Guaca Mole had the short rib nachos. I just know I order them when I go to M&B's. And those bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with goat cheese. Sinful stuff, really.
no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

by Adrian Baldwin » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:38 pm

For a different take on Nachos, I'll submit Jack's individually dressed Nachos..never been there without getting those.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:06 pm

Adrian Baldwin wrote:...Jack's individually dressed Nachos...

They are really good and your description is spot on. They are not the conglomerate mound of chips, meat, beans, peppers, cheese, etc. that you see at some places.
no avatar
User

kyle.whitaker

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:43 am

by kyle.whitaker » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:51 am

Jerry C wrote:I was watching one of those barbeque paradise shows on the travel channel this afternoon and was going out of my mind wanting some "Q". I know there have been many discussions on the board about the best barbeque in Louisville, but one of the most intriguing items I saw was barbeque nachos! Man, they looked delicious. I love a good traditional plate of nachos, anyway.

That got me to wondering about where to get a good platter of nachos. Give me your opinion of the best nachos in Louisville...traditional or some with a twist...?

On the subject of BBQ nachos, the Brisket Nachos at Big R's and Shannon's BBQ in LaGrange are on my short list of best nachos in any category....delicious grub.

Yellow round tortilla chips, baked beans, delicious brisket (of course), jalapenos, melted shredded cheese, (and more ingredients I'm probably forgetting)....and they don't skimp on any ingredient...it is quite a delectable BBQ creation...go try them. You can get a half or full order. The full order is enough for two meals.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:32 pm

Welcome to the forum, Kyle! Thanks for joining in the conversation. Hmm ... now I want nachos ...