Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Re: Frankfort Ave Craft House kid friendly?

by Mike D » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:43 pm

As a Crescent Hill resident I am certainly pleased (and actually amazed) by the increase in property values.

Here's my take on Craft House. I really wanted to like it. It's within easy walking distance, the space is nice and I'm a serious beer drinker. But I've found the food to be "meh" (both original menu and fairly recent redo). That doesn't get it for me when I can walk to eight or 10 other spots on Frankfort Avenue that are well above "meh."

My biggest gripe, as a beer drinker, is that they have 40 or so beers projected on their wall, all (or most) from local breweries. I like that. It's one of Craft House's big selling points. But I've found that the servers and (sigh!) bartenders are more often than not unable (or maybe unwilling?) to answer questions to help patrons make an educated choice. That's pretty much inexcusable I think.
Previous