Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Butchertown Grocery

no avatar
User

Tony G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:37 am

Louisville Ky 40214

Butchertown Grocery

by Tony G » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:39 pm

My son turned 23 today and I told him I would take him and his girlfriend anywhere he wanted to go eat. He chose Butchertown Grocery....mainly because he is a huge My Morning Jacket fan. I'd heard some good things but I wasn't thinking I would be totally amazed there. Let me tell you.....FIVE STARS ACROSS THE BOARD!!! Everything was fantastic. The whole building, the server, the service and the food. THE FOOD!!! My son had the chicken and waffles. It looked and smelled too good to eat. I had the Butcherblock Sandwich, and his girlfriend had an egg and avacado sandwich. It's a little more expensive than other places but it is definitely worth it!!! The waiter was amazing, the manager also checked on us. These guys are firing on all cylinders. We will return there again for sure.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Re: Butchertown Grocery

by Jay M. » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:15 pm

Tony G wrote:...Butchertown Grocery....mainly because he is a huge My Morning Jacket fan...

Glad you and the family enjoyed it. I didn't pick up on the connection here, but I found this from an earlier published report from a now defunct web source:

A member of My Morning Jacket is opening a restaurant in the band's hometown of Louisville, Ky. The Associated Press reports that drummer Patrick Hallahan will open Butchertown Grocery...in partnership with chef Bobby Benjamin and lawyer Jon Salomon.