Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Best Local Restaurants 2016

no avatar
User

scott.shanklin

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:44 pm

Best Local Restaurants 2016

by scott.shanklin » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:36 pm

Can we pick each others brains for the best out there now. (Noticed a 2014 poll)

My Picks (Not in order)

Mercato Italiano
Guaca Mole's
Mojitos
Corbetts
Jack Frys
Hammerheads

Pizza - Old School N.Y. in Anchorage
Sushi - Rikishi in Crestwood
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Best Local Restaurants 2016

by Robin Garr » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:02 pm

scott.shanklin wrote:Can we pick each others brains for the best out there now. (Noticed a 2014 poll)

I like all your picks, Scott. I've got to add Seviche and 610 Magnolia as top-tier for me, though, and Coals Pizza is my top pick. (I'm right with you on Old School NY, though. I only wish it wasn't so far out for me.)
no avatar
User

scott.shanklin

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:44 pm

by scott.shanklin » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:42 am

Thanks Robin

I had the pleasure of doing a cooking class with Ed Lee at 610 many years ago. Good Guy.

It has been too many years to forget to add 610 to the list.

Too many years since hitting Seviche as well. I need to get back to visit the HIghlands again for great places to eat.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:03 pm

I've been thinking about what reference I would put on the list since it was first posted yesterday. And it's really hard for me to put together a list. It depends on what mood I'm in what popped into my head. Today, River House would probably be on that list because we went there last night and had a wonderful dinner. Tomorrow it might be Coal's because I'm in the mood for pizza and the next day it may be Selena's. In Louisville with such a great variety of wonderful restaurants it's hard to put together a list of your top restaurants and certainly hard if not impossible to put together a list that everybody would agree to!

Oh the problems we have living in such a great food city!! :wink:
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:39 pm

Mark R. wrote:I've been thinking about what reference I would put on the list since it was first posted yesterday. And it's really hard for me to put together a list. It depends on what mood I'm in what popped into my head. Today, River House would probably be on that list because we went there last night and had a wonderful dinner. Tomorrow it might be Coal's because I'm in the mood for pizza and the next day it may be Selena's. In Louisville with such a great variety of wonderful restaurants it's hard to put together a list of your top restaurants and certainly hard if not impossible to put together a list that everybody would agree to!

Oh the problems we have living in such a great food city!! :wink:

I pretty much agree with this. Much depends on my mood and it often wouldn't be seconded by anyone else. A lunch buffet at Abyssinia or Shalimar sure hits the spot. On another day it may be lunch at Vietnam Kitchen or Lee's Korean. As for dinner, way too extensive of choices.
James J. Natsis
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:46 pm

Current favorites, fancy and not so.

Bistro 1860
Simply Thai
Hiko A Mon
Artesano
Cumberland
Blue Dog
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Ray Griffith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Highlands

by Ray Griffith » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:31 pm

Migo
Sapporo (the addition of Ono!)
The Post
Momma's M,P & B
Guaca Mole
Seviche
DakShin

(When are we going to get a decent one on the river??)