Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Yang Kee's Highlands opening tomorrow benefits Gilda's Club

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:31 pm

YANG KEE NOODLE CELEBRATES NEW HIGHLANDS LOCATION BY RAISING FUNDS FOR GILDA’S CLUB LOUISVILLE
Local restaurant announces June 2 ribbon-cutting and fundraiser to benefit cancer support programs

Yang Kee Noodle announced today that it will host a fundraiser benefiting Gilda’s Club Louisville on Thursday, June 2 to celebrate the opening of its Highlands location at 1004 Bardstown Road. A ribbon-cutting will kick-off the fundraiser at 5 pm.

“Yang Kee Noodle will donate 100 percent of all food sales at our new Highlands location between 5 and 9 pm on Thursday, June 2 to help local individuals, families and friends who have been impacted by cancer,” said Dan Huckestein, Operating Partner for Yang Kee Noodle. “What better way to join this vibrant community than to partner with the Gilda’s Club, a Highlands-based organization that offers much needed strength and comfort to so many in need? We could not be helping a better cause.”
no avatar
User

neal.johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Beechmont

Re: Yang Kee's Highlands opening tomorrow benefits Gilda's C

by neal.johnson » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:33 am

I really hope Yang Kee doesn't siphon off Le Que's customers with their flashy new building. I like both establishments but Le Que does a great job and their prices are hard to beat. Its a funky little hole in the wall and I would hate for them to lose business.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Re: Yang Kee's Highlands opening tomorrow benefits Gilda's C

by SilvioM » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:12 pm

neal.johnson wrote:but Le Que does a great job and their prices are hard to beat.

I've not been back since they didn't include rice in my carryout order months back. How do you forget the rice when nearly every dish comes with rice? Messed up to-go orders, they never leave my brain.

I have not been to Yang Kee in years, looking forward to giving this new location a look. We like Steel City Pops too, makes a good post-noodles dessert. However, traffic will be awful at that corner during peak hours, especially when Hops opens.