Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Costco Food

no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

Re: Costco Food

by Margie L » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:57 pm

Well, mom needed hearing aids, so we joined Costco. So far it has been a great decision. First, her hearing aids. They are not covered by any health insurance/Medicare and cost a freaking fortune. For the same hearing aids that we had been quoted $5-6 thousand, Costco offers a complete set, along with testing and tweaking and lifetime warranty, for $1699. Money back, no questions asked, if returned in the first 6 months. I asked about my glasses (tough prescription), and the same lenses that are $350 everywhere else WITH insurance discount, are $179. Nice selection of frames for $100 and less.

The meat department is excellent and well-priced. Same with cheese. I pick up a 4.99 rotisserie chicken at every visit. We eat off it for one meal, and I get at least one more from chicken pot pie, green chile enchiladas, or soup (see, http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2013/ ... rice-soup/ although I often add noodles or matzo balls instead of rice).

I just picked up a new Samsung 55" TV on black Friday. Free delivery, 90 day refund plus 2 year warranty, less than $400. Finally replacing the 20 year old big box.
User

michael.powell

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: Costco Food

by michael.powell » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:44 am

I like their smoked salmon a great deal. Half pound for like $4. That's a few lox sandwiches.
“Shut the front door, son of Tatum O’Neal, that’s dynamite.” - Guy Fieri
Previous