Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

New food site

no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

New food site

by Richard S. » Wed May 25, 2016 3:18 pm

Didn't know if anyone has seen this:

http://eatdrinktalk.net/
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: New food site

by Robin Garr » Wed May 25, 2016 3:53 pm

Steve Coomes and Rick Redding.
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Tue May 31, 2016 11:06 pm

Sign me up....Steve Coomes is the best food writer in the region. Bar none.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

by Mike D » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:08 am

I just took a look at the site. Pretty strong stuff from Coomes in his article about Pie Kitchen.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:17 am

Coomes' comments were childish and completely unnecessary to the the story, even when including the Hotbytes discussion. It smacks of jealousy. Those kind of comments are part of the reason why I dislike discussions about the CJ reviewer.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:22 am

Richard S. wrote:Coomes' comments were childish and completely unnecessary to the the story, even when including the Hotbytes discussion. It smacks of jealousy. Those kind of comments are part of the reason why I dislike discussions about the CJ reviewer.

I don't intend to read it or comment on it, but I'm not surprised.
no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

by Adrian Baldwin » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:27 am

You've read it, but impressive restraint shown by you here -- although I'm not sure I disagree with much of what he wrote.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:12 pm

Adrian Baldwin wrote:You've read it.

No, I have not. I didn't even know about it until I saw the post here, and I decided not to read it because I don't need that.

Please take care, Adrian. You don't have any reason to assume that I cared enough to read it, and I tell you now that I did not.
no avatar
User

juan.molina

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:27 pm

by juan.molina » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:15 pm

:lol:
Last edited by juan.molina on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:26 pm

juan.molina wrote:Bile deleted

:lol:

"Juan," it should have been clear that I don't care to entertain this amateurish stuff here. I've deleted your cross-post. Please don't do it again.
no avatar
User

juan.molina

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:27 pm

by juan.molina » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:37 pm

Steve P wrote:Sign me up....Steve Coomes is the best food writer in the region. Bar none.

Is this a not so subtle message that Coomes is a better food writer than Garr? :shock:
no avatar
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:22 pm

juan.molina wrote:
Steve P wrote:Sign me up....Steve Coomes is the best food writer in the region. Bar none.

Is this a not so subtle message that Coomes is a better food writer than Garr? :shock:

Just let it pass. If a guest insults his host at his host's table, the rest of the guests don't need to point that out.
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:35 am

My goodness! After this thread I had to check out the site.

Read the aforementioned thread about the Pie Kitchen and Comfy Cow...(laughing) It seems Mr. Comes is perfectly capable of dishing out his own dosage of snark and bile. I went own to read other entries and and in many found backhanded, snarky references to LHB/Robin. Smacks of "oh yeah! Well your mother..." His perceived rivalry was obvious, bordering on comical.

All in all the collection of posts I read points out the difference between a blogger and a reviewer. A blogger has the luxury of writing only about things he/she loves and can spread warm fuzzies all around garnering buddies and reciprocal back scratches. A reviewer has a much different job that is often thankless. Often only appreciated by those that are decerning as to where their hard earned money.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:58 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:
juan.molina wrote:

Just let it pass. If a guest insults his host at his host's table, the rest of the guests don't need to point that out.

<shrugs> Well given that we're regularly offered a heaping helping of opportunity to critique the journalist now writing for the CJ, I suppose I came to (what is for me) the logical conclusion that it is OK to comment (or critique if you will) about other journalist/writers as well. Steve Coomes is a damn fine writer. Personally I've always enjoyed his style and as far as I'm concerned he is the best food writer in the region. Your mileage may vary - and that's OK, we're all entitled to our opinions. And for the record, my comment was not meant as some "subtle message" that one is better than the other - I just happen to enjoy the journalistic style of one over the other.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio