Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

Re: Homemade IC&PK closing Clifton shop

by Steve H » Tue May 24, 2016 9:05 am

I meant the personal friction, not the news of the store closing. Sorry that that wasn't clear.

My only agenda, if you could call it that, is that interested folks should have the full history before formulating their opinions.

No reason to be testy.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue May 24, 2016 9:36 am

Steve H wrote:No reason to be testy.

no avatar
User

Adam B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 27, 2008 8:26 am

by Adam B » Tue May 24, 2016 11:16 am

Robin I have every intent to defend my company and staff from ill intended innuendos. We were excited to announce our news on our Facebook. Business First referenced our post, you "stirred the pot" by posting "Apparently the Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen folks finally realized that opening a store across the street from a Comfy Cow wasn't the greatest idea ..." This to me, and apparently others, has the earmarks of revelry in our moving. No where prior to this has anyone commented in such a manner on this move. You are celebrating the closure of a local business.

Robin Garr wrote:
Adam B wrote:Your denial does not remove the perception, I see no good will in your comments.

Adam, I'm sorry, but there is nothing there but the obvious. If you want to talk about my perception, it appears that you're coming back for another round in the hope of making some kind of a point through loud repetition. That's really not necessary.

On May 19, 2005 we made our first offer on a property in the Clifton area, in fact this property was catty corner and across the street from Genny's Diner, now the Comfy Cow. Here is a link http://www.piekitchen.com/clifton.html to prove that we started working on putting a store in Clifton 6 years prior to 2011. Coincidence, not. How can it be a coincidence and a "competitive response" if Comfy Cow was not a business in 2005? https://app.sos.ky.gov/ftshow/(S(l4i0yxl4vnelumwpqjjceqrz))/default.aspx?path=ftsearch&id=0772907&ct=06&cs=99998 As well Don Burch has made it publicly known that we were looking since 2005. Don, for those who do not know, founded the Frankfort Ave business group.

What is obvious and factual and repeated many times is I started working on a store in Clifton in 2005, to make innuendos to anything else shows ill intent on your behalf. I have linked proof beyond a doubt above, to continue the innuendos is irresponsible.

Robin Garr wrote:
Adam B wrote:Again I ask what is your objective?

Again, only to express opinions on the local dining scene. When Comfy Cow opened its Clifton shop on the remains of the old Genny's, Homemade turned up right across the street in what appeared to be a competitive response, or at keast a very unusual coincidence. I thought then, and I believe now, that it's fair to bring this up for discussion. You've responded. That's great.

Again we started this process in 2005, not 2011, before Comfy Cow was even in business. http://www.piekitchen.com/clifton.html It's makes one question your intent to bring up something that is being fabricated time and time again, I see no one else but you bringing this up again 5 years later. I find it hypocritical on your behalf that when we open across the street from Comfy Cow that is a "competitive response" in your view point, though when they open across the street from another ice cream business on Bardstown Road and Eastern Parkway you defend that http://forums.louisvillehotbytes.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21749&p=163111&hilit=comfy+cow+bardstown+road#p163114. I guess if we were a yogurt shop that also sold ice cream and not a bakery that also sold ice cream that would end the issue for you. Hypocrisy at it's greatest. Point is competitors open across the street from each other every day and yet you only choose to see one as an issue. Again, it bears repeating, hypocrisy at it's greatest.

Robin Garr wrote:
Adam B wrote:For you to say "The guilty flee where none pursueth." has all of the ear markings of ill intent.

Quite the contrary. It simply points out that you are responding with surprising defensiveness to my simple statement that the ice cream shop that set up across the street from its perceived competitor is now moving on. Where's the malice in that? It's demonstrably true.

I am responding with defensiveness when you post "Apparently the Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen folks finally realized that opening a store across the street from a Comfy Cow wasn't the greatest idea ..." This is an insult and has the earmarks of reveling in our moving. Your down playing your prior comments and trying to make me the instigator doesn't diminish your comments. I am merely defending my company and staff from your comments, no different than before ... http://forums.louisvillehotbytes.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23016

Robin to me and others your comments are directed against my company, which is made up of a great staff of people who deserve better from someone who builds their business on the support local theme. As I have stated before I will always stand up and defend my company and my staff. We are a great company.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Tue May 24, 2016 1:50 pm

I appreciate this local business, and the local sourcing of many of their ingredients, and will make my next ice cream stop (or three) at Homemade.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue May 24, 2016 1:53 pm

Adam B wrote:Robin I have every intent to defend my company and staff from ill intended innuendos.

Thanks for your thoughts, Adam. I won't censor them, and I'm giving up on trying to engage you in a rational conversation. I think I'll just let all this stand, and folks can make of it what they will. Best wishes to you in your continued ventures, which I assume you will pursue with the same level of professionalism as you have in the past.
no avatar
User

Melissa S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:03 pm

by Melissa S » Wed May 25, 2016 6:49 pm

Living on the east end of town I have many dessert type restaurants to choose from. At work today I was chatting with a few friends who live in the South end and they are very excited for the Pie Kitchen to open up. I think it will be a great addition to Dixie Hwy.
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

by Willie Myers » Thu May 26, 2016 11:04 am

geez!...it took you guys two pages to get to this?
Robin Garr wrote: I think I'll just let all this stand, and folks can make of it what they will.
the best resolution of this..."discussion"?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu May 26, 2016 11:26 am

Willie Myers wrote:geez!...it took you guys two pages to get to this?
Robin Garr wrote: I think I'll just let all this stand, and folks can make of it what they will.
the best resolution of this..."discussion"?

I want to be kind, Willie. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Mon May 30, 2016 10:26 pm

I hate to have to reopen this discussion, but I have no choice. I posted earlier on this subject and praised HIC & PK for the many exeriences we've had over the years and in multiple locations. And I stand by this.

Ironically, however, we stopped by the Highlands store (near Baxter Ave) earlier this evening. My wife and I couldnt believe what we were seeing. The place was fairly empty and the workers were teenagers with their teenage friends hanging around with their pants half down their derrieres. Most of the tables had not been wiped and the trash bin near the start of the line was overflowing. The pie and ice cream were good as usual, but the general ambiance was very poor. The young workers were polite and meant well. I just think they were in over their heads.

We both agreed that we are not used to this type of environment in a HIC & PK, nor in Louisville for that matter. She said she'd never go back to that particular store. I wouldn't go as far as that, but this needs to be addressed immediately.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

neal.johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Beechmont

by neal.johnson » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:21 pm

Living in Clifton years back, I wondered why HPK would open up directly across from Comfy Cow. A suicidal move for the ice cream shop. And did the bar experiment ever work? A bar inside a family ice cream store. That was an odd move. Oh, well...
Previous