Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Velocity enjoys cheap beer @ Kentucky BBQ Co.

by Robin Garr » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:04 pm

Velocity's Lisa Hornung offers a short review of Kentucky Bar-B-Cue Company (the former Bourbon Bros., now located in Cafe Lou Lou's former quarters in Clifton), and speaks well of the chili cheese fries (with cinnamon!), the baby backs and the brisket. Participants in the "bad beer" thread will be intrigued to know that Lisa and her friend took advantage of happy hour to accompany their repast with "$1.25 domestic drafts served in a frosty mug."

[url=http://www.velocityweekly.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080109/VELOCITY01/801090495/1065]<B>2 for $30</b>
Chow down on a barbecue feast in Clifton[/url]

<b>Kentucky Bar-B-Cue Company</b>
1800 Frankfort Ave.
895-3419
no avatar
User

Todd Pharris

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:59 pm

by Todd Pharris » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:01 pm

I ate there tonight. I had the brisket sandwich with sweet potato fries and both were excellent.

As far as beer goes, I had the Browning's She Devil on draft for $4. (Room temperature glass, thank you very much). They have a nice beer list; something for everyone, I guess.