Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Twig & Leaf

no avatar
User

Patrick Kelting

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:39 pm

The Burbs

Twig & Leaf

by Patrick Kelting » Tue May 17, 2016 11:47 am

Anyone have have any poop about the place since the new owners took over the space. Just curious, I worked there for 11 years under the former owners & 6 years for the former, former owners. I wrote the menu & created the dishes that, believe it or not, are still in use to this day. When the former owners took over they cut my budget way back; so the quality of my products dropped significantly. I put my heart & my soul into that place only to be run out by a mean old man. Any info, be it good or bad, would be greatly appreciated.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Twig & Leaf

by Robin Garr » Tue May 17, 2016 12:08 pm

That reminds me that I've been meaning to check it out since it got new owners. Honestly, I hadn't gone for a while, perhaps because of the effect of the budget cuts. Thanks for the nudge, Patrick. I'll get it on my radar, and I hope others here will do the same and report.
no avatar
User

Patrick Kelting

{ RANK }

Foodie

The Burbs

by Patrick Kelting » Tue May 17, 2016 8:07 pm

Thanks Sir Robin. I wasn't looking for anyone to make a special trip to the Twig, just wanted see if anyone on the forum had stopped in sense the new owners took it over.
Last edited by Patrick Kelting on Sun May 22, 2016 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Larry Lenning

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:22 pm

by Larry Lenning » Thu May 19, 2016 11:14 am

Nothing has improved there. I do not see how they stay in business. I think the only business they get on the weekends is the over flow business from North End.
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Thu May 19, 2016 12:10 pm

I went there on a weekday evening last summer (I assume with the old owners?) I left because 1) the place was not clean-- even my table and menu were sticky, and 2) from the moment I sat down, the server was hovering over me rather rudely and asking what I wanted and pointing things out on the menu. I think I said something like, "You know, I think I forgot something" (which I did...that the place had gone way downhill)...I still can see the look of shock on the server's face...lol!

I ate a nice meal at Havana Rumba instead (takeout because I had a bus to catch-- the stop was conveniently right outside the door) !
no avatar
User

Patrick Kelting

{ RANK }

Foodie

The Burbs

by Patrick Kelting » Fri May 20, 2016 7:01 am

Thanks for the "Poop from the Loop". I'm fairly certain the "new owners" didn't take the property over until early into the new year. I've heard they have really cleaned the place up & upped customer service considerably. I hear the food is greatly improved; they're, once again, serving "Purnell's Sausage" at 3 times the food cost as apposed to the "Crap- alicious" no name brand, could change from week to week (I was instructed to buy the cheapest product available & submit a purchase order with that week's price quotes; he would approve the purchase of the cheapest pork available, sign it, & hand it right back to me; no joke!)
I hope these new guys can bring the old Twig back. Stay tuned.
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

by Will Crawford » Sat May 21, 2016 2:34 pm

I went last Sunday at about 10am and had a really good basic breakfast. The tables got an up grade as did the ripped up seats. I found the service to be attentive and the food properly prepared. The place was clean. I had the chicken fried steak and eggs. My girlfriend had scrabbled eggs and a really good Belgium waffle. I will definitely be back. The price was right on too. I hate paying for over priced breakfasts.
Will Crawford
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat May 21, 2016 7:54 pm

Thanks for the update Will. We actually went by there this afternoon and almost stopped in but decided not to. After I got home and read your reply I wished we had!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"