Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

World of Beer.

User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

World of Beer.

by Doogy R » Sat May 14, 2016 1:18 am

wob1.jpg
World of Beer
wob1.jpg (141.93 KiB) Viewed 2139 times
Anyone been? A friend took me the last week for a birthday lunch.

My review.

A buddy of mine called me up and said he wanted to take me to lunch for my birthday. I'd seen that World of Beer had opened up near me recently and suggested that. I made a great pick.

I met Jerry shortly before noon and we walked on in. I was amazed at how awesome this place looks. It's HUGE and has many different seating areas. We were seated close to the "Den"...I'll post a pic. My buddy ordered the chili that has beef and chorizo. I opted for the beer can half chicken served on top of mashed red potatoes with kale and sweet and sour onions.

Wow, when our food arrived we were amazed. Trust me, this is not the average bar food you may find elsewhere. Jerry's chili was thick, full of beef and chorizo, had a nice cumin flavor to it and was a huge amount. He gave it a double thumbs up and I tasted it and agreed. A very nice chili.

On to my dish. I actually was astounded by the size of my meal. Yes, an entire half of a beer can chicken on top of a large amount of mashed potatoes topped by a rich pan gravy. The taters were so rich in flavor that I just let them roll around in my mouth. I then dug into the breast part of the half chicken. I mean this seriously. I have eaten a lot of chicken in my 58 years. I had never, NEVER, eaten a chicken breast as juicy and flavorful as the one I ate that day.

Hmmm....as I savor this chicken, I take more tastes of the taters. Someone back in that kitchen is a chef, not your regular bar grub slinger.

We were offered some infused beer and that was a nice treat. I am a beer drinker but it was early in the day so I didn't try anything other than the infusion. I'll post a few pix.

What I will tell you is that this place seems to be a brew pub haven and has real chef driven food. Way beyond you normal wings, nachos and pretzels. I'll become a regular.
Attachments
wob3.jpg
Beer can chicken
wob3.jpg (182.54 KiB) Viewed 2139 times
wob2.jpg
The "Den" area
wob2.jpg (258.03 KiB) Viewed 2139 times
Last edited by Doogy R on Sun May 15, 2016 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: World of Beer.

by Robin Garr » Sat May 14, 2016 6:56 am

Doug, if you want to share your reviews with people, please post them here. In future, I'll delete links to reviews on Yelp, Trip Advisor and other outside forums.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Sun May 15, 2016 2:50 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Doug, if you want to share your reviews with people, please post them here. In future, I'll delete links to reviews on Yelp, Trip Advisor and other outside forums.

No problem. I'll fix my post after I am done running some errands.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun May 15, 2016 3:41 pm

User

Paul S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Goshen

by Paul S » Tue May 24, 2016 2:55 pm

I'll add that I've also had a good experience with the beer there. Two of my favorites were the Troublesome Gose and an Akasha brettanomyces pale ale (might have been an ipa actually).