Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

New London Dining Trend - Bunyadi

no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

New London Dining Trend - Bunyadi

by Andrew Mellman » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:06 am

More Than 6,400 People Have Signed Up to Dine Naked at a New Pop-Up in London
Even the servers will be mostly naked.

A new pop-up in London is taking the concept of all-natural dining to a new level. According to Time Out, The Bunyadi—which is opening in June for three months—is offering diners a chance to get personal with their food—and fellow diners—by eating in the nude. Even the waitstaff will be nude, “with certain body parts covered up,” writes Business Insider. So sort of like Twin Peaks?

Even the menu features a naked theme. The pop-up is serving vegan and non-vegan dishes that are made with all-natural ingredients and cooking methods. Plus, the dishes are served on handmade clay plates and with edible silverware. Shockingly, the pop-up is not pulling a Sex and the City and serving food on a naked human.

(for whole article, see firstwefeast.com/eat/2016/04/bunyadi-london-naked-pop-up)

If Louisville wants to be a "real" leader in the food and restaurant scene, shouldn't we have one of these? Wonder if it would work here?
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 am

Depauw, IN

Re: New London Dining Trend - Bunyadi

by Bill P » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:39 am

The problem with this concept is that the people who sit in the neekid section are exactly those folks who shouldn't.
no avatar
User

bob.durbin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:20 am

by bob.durbin » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:20 am

Bill P wrote:The problem with this concept is that the people who sit in the neekid section are exactly those folks who shouldn't.

So, to answer your question Andrew, no it won't work here. Americans have such a screwed up idea about nudity, healthy body image, and sanitation that there's no way you'd even get this approved by the health department. Let alone the backlash from consevasive groups and the dipshits like this guy that would most likely only show up to get a glance at some breasts and then probably throw a tantrum when he realizes that the room isn't full of naked Brazilian super models.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:43 am

bob.durbin wrote: naked Brazilian super models.

I didn't think super models ate anything!

(I agree that the Board of Health would likely find a way to shut it down . . . of course, the Health Officials would be 'investigating' the place weekly!)
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 am

Depauw, IN

by Bill P » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:50 am

bob.durbin wrote:
Bill P wrote:The problem with this concept is that the people who sit in the neekid section are exactly those folks who shouldn't.

So, to answer your question Andrew, no it won't work here. Americans have such a screwed up idea about nudity, healthy body image, and sanitation that there's no way you'd even get this approved by the health department. Let alone the backlash from consevasive groups and the dipshits like this guy that would most likely only show up to get a glance at some breasts and then probably throw a tantrum when he realizes that the room isn't full of naked Brazilian super models.

Send me your address and I'll send you a dime to purchase a sense of humor. Tight ass!!
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:00 pm

No way this poor old wore out body is going to get naked and scare everybody.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:51 pm

Bill posted exactly what I was thinking when I read the story.

In reality, though, I just can't imagine why people would want to do this. I attended one of those "eat sushi off the naked girl" things once and it was just uncomfortable, so I imagine this would be much worse.
no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

by Margie L » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:22 pm

Richard S. wrote:Bill posted exactly what I was thinking when I read the story.

In reality, though, I just can't imagine why people would want to do this. I attended one of those "eat sushi off the naked girl" things once and it was just uncomfortable, so I imagine this would be much worse.

And why would you want sushi served at 98.6 degrees?
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:03 pm

It all sounds like just another gimmick to cover up (sorry!) for subpar food. :cry:
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:42 pm

Carla G wrote:It all sounds like just another gimmick to cover up (sorry!) for subpar food. :cry:

I don't imagine that the people eating off the naked girl really care anything about the food.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers