Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Junior Bridgeman

no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

Junior Bridgeman

by Ellen P » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:45 pm

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/news/2016/04/20/junior-bridgeman-shedding-restaurants-signs-major.html?ana=e_lou_bn_breakingnews&u=2114447694eb924b10cab7d33707d&t=1461181418&j=72526172

This is awful news for so many local people. Just awful. Don't know if he would leave Louisville. It would be awful for the city. Just stunned.

Ellen
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Junior Bridgeman

by Robin Garr » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:01 pm

Junior has had an amazing career, and he's hardly elderly. Who knows what lies ahead.

The story isn't clear, though, whether he's shedding all his eateries or just the franchise chains. He likes being the mind behind Napa River Grill, I'm pretty sure.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:24 pm

I heard he was becoming an independent Coca Cola distributor. Not really sure what's so awful about this, though.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 pm

Richard S. wrote:I heard he was becoming an independent Coca Cola distributor. Not really sure what's so awful about this, though.

Well being an independent Coca-Cola distributor really isn't cutting edge or something that people are going to be clamoring to buy! Or should I say we buy any more of than they do today. Hopefully he will still keep his hands in some new restaurant development and is just getting out of the chain restaurant business.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

by Ellen P » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:09 pm

A lot of local jobs involved. Wendy's, Chili's, Mark's Feed Store, Napa, the new restaurant on 4th Street Live. Probably more. New owners can mean bringing in new people; closing restaurants. His community involvement. He bought a candy company based in the midwest and now he has bought into the bottling company out there. Hope he doesn't leave.
no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

by Bryan Shepherd » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:43 pm

My guess is that his other son will be deeply involved in the "divestment" of Jr's fast food establishments.....I can't imagine that he would totally walk away from everything that he worked so hard to build.
BShep
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

by Will Crawford » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:02 pm

There is a great story about Junior after he retired from basketball. Someone saw him working the line at a Wendy's and they said
"Poor Junior, He must have blown all his money. He has to work at a Wendy's......
Will Crawford