Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

summer.auerbach

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:06 pm

Custom District 8 Ice Cream Flavor by Louisville Cream!

by summer.auerbach » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:47 pm

District 8 Metro Council Candidate, S. Brandon Coan has commissioned Louisville Cream to create a special campaign ice cream flavor, available tomorrow (Saturday the 16th) at the Douglass Loop Farmers Market between 11-1. Yes We Coan! is a flavor made with Highland Coffee Cold Brew and Kitzito Snickerdoodle Cookie, and will be available for free at the Campaign Celebration adjacent to the Douglass Loop Farmers Market. Details below or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1741388272807688/

Press Release Below

Coan for Metro Council to Host District 8 Cleanup and Pop-Up Campaign Headquarters Celebration

Independent Business and Cultural Leaders to Co-Captain Saturday Event

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Louisville Metro Council candidate S. Brandon Coan is hosting a 100-volunteer cleanup of Bardstown Road and Baxter Avenue on Saturday, in celebration of the kick-off to Give A Day, the Mayor’s Week of Service, and the Brightside & Passport Health Plan Community-Wide Cleanup. Coan, a former advisor to Mayor Greg Fischer, serves as a director on the board of Brightside and chairs the organization’s Cleanliness Committee, which oversees the city’s massive spring cleanup effort. Coan is running for Metro Council in District 8, where longtime officeholder Tom Owen is retiring at the end of the year.

“Litter is a serious problem in our community,” Coan said. “Not only does it make commercial corridors like Bardstown Road feel inhospitable and unattractive but, also, it pollutes our creeks, streams and woods. Clean cities are safe and healthy cities, and I intend to clean-up District 8 from Broadway to the Watterson Expressway.”

Coan and his supporters will pick-up litter along the full length of District 8’s Baxter/Bardstown corridor from 9-11am and then celebrate at a pop-up campaign headquarters event from 11am-1pm at the Douglass Boulevard Christian Church, located at 2205 Douglass Boulevard.

The celebration event is free and open to the public, featuring live music by the Louisville Folk School and performance art by CirqueLouis. The Shamrock Pet Foundation will offer dogs for adoption, and Coan will unveil an official campaign ice cream flavor, available exclusively to those in attendance.

Yes We Coan! is the result of a collaboration between Coan and premium small-batch ice cream maker Louisville Cream, and the flavor combines ingredients sourced by iconic District 8 businesses Highland Coffee Company and Kizito Cookies. “I am a strong supporter of local independent businesses,” Coan said, “and sweet things happen when we all work together to improve our communities.”

Forecastle Festival and Foundation founder – and Tyler Park Team Co-Captain – JK McKnight said, “Brandon and I share the same passion for music, art and environmental activism, and I am proud to be part of this great event.” Emily McCay, owner of the Diaper Fairy Cottage on Bardstown Road – and Co-Captain of the Bonnycastle Team – added, “My husband, daughter and I are all coming out Saturday to support Brandon, help pick-up our neighborhood and have some fun. It is the perfect way for families to spend the morning.”

Coan today thanked his 20 event co-captains and all his volunteers in advance of Saturday’s cleanup. “This event and all of you are shining examples of the spirit and energy my campaign for Metro Council is about. There future of District 8 and Louisville is bright, indeed.”

Coan for Metro Council District 8 Cleanup Team Co-Captains:

• Belknap: Summer Eliason (Summer Eliason Jewelry) and Patrick Piuma (City Collaborative)

• Bonnycastle: Emily McCay (Diaper Fairy Cottage) and Jasmine Weatherby (Old Souls Vintage)

• Cherokee Triangle: Zach Fry (Mr. Louisville Real Estate) and Ramsi Kamar (Ramsi’s Café on the World)

• Deer Park: Ivor Chodkowski (Field Day Family Farm) and Patrick Masterson (Patrick Masterson Letterpress Printing)

• Highlands-Douglass/Seneca Gardens: Shary Hyman (Keneseth Israel Preschool) and Erin Trager-Kusman (Gypsetter Traveling Boutique)

• Original Highlands: Michelle Pellerin (Pink Door Boutique) and Nathan Quillo (Quills Coffee)

• Strathmoor Manor: Karen Guilkey (University of Louisville Hospital) and Kathy Zandona (Z Consulting)

• Strathmoor Village/Kingsley: Kevin Connelly (Center for Nonprofit Excellence (Ret.)) and Jackie Pallesen (Louisville Visual Art)

• Tyler Park: JK McKnight (Forecastle Festival and Foundation) and Mo McKnight Howe (Revelry Boutique Gallery)

• Upper Highlands: Chase Barmore (LIFEbar) and Bennett Knox (Wilderness Louisville)

To sign-up for the cleanup, visit: http://tinyurl.com/zlo7alo

For additional event information, visit the Facebook page at: http://tinyurl.com/hueujuh

####

ABOUT S. BRANDON COAN: S. Brandon Coan is a 35-year old Louisville native, lawyer and former adviser to Mayor Greg Fischer. He and his wife, Summer Auerbach, live in Tyler Park. Coan is running for Metro Council in District 8. Primary Election Day is May 17. For more information, visit CoanforMetroCouncil.com.