Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

Lyndon Taco Truck - Los Gorditos

by Mary Anne » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:30 pm

I see this place got some buzz on HotBytes back in 2013 but I just discovered Tacos Los Gorditos #3 Truck…no, not Las Gorditas at the corner of Watterson Trail and Bardstown Rd. This truck sits parked at the BP station on New LaGrange Rd, 7401 New LaGrange Rd, right at the sharp curve before Shelbyville Rd. I’ve never seen it open before…but it had its open sign on tonight. Cheap tacos ($2.50)! Big tacos! Good tacos! I got a chicken, a pork and a steak taco…the chicken and pork were the stars. It’s served with a very spicy green sauce cup, radishes and limes. You can add any combo of cilantro, onion, cheese, lettuce, avocado, sour cream for .25. Yes, they have tongue, chorizo, cecina and campechano (which I had to Google to identify, it’s a mixed meat combo) Bare bones menu, no elotes, no desserts, but you can have the meats served in a taco, a burrito, a quesadilla or a torta. No clue about hours, but I snapped a picture with their number, I’m guessing it’s prudent to call first. I love my Las Gorditas, but this is a heck of a lot closer to my house…now if they just had elotes en vaso…
LosGOrditos.jpg
LosGOrditos.jpg (155.89 KiB) Viewed 3584 times
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Lyndon Taco Truck - Los Gorditos

by Robin Garr » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:25 pm

Thanks for the report, Mary Anne! Must get out there. Without studying the sign closely, I assume it's a nighttime operation?
User

Gary Z

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 am

by Gary Z » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:24 am

Robin Garr wrote:Thanks for the report, Mary Anne! Must get out there. Without studying the sign closely, I assume it's a nighttime operation?

Yes it is. Although they have been known to be open during the day if the weather is amazing.

I live in the area and stop by when the mood strikes. Be prepared to wait. They stay busy. And aside from a slight language barrier (depending on who is there) they are running a cash only business with hand written checks and the like. A lot of their clientele is Latin, which is always a good sign for this sort of thing but there is inevitably a soccer mom with too many questions in line in front of you.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:09 am

Definitely there on occasion during the day -
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:01 pm

Just a question for those of you who frequent trucks (and thank you for doing so.) Do you look to see if the truck has both a Health Department placard and a Louisville Metro Vending Permit? Both have to be visible from the ordering or serving window. The trucks lobbied hard a couple of years ago to be included in the placard system, and Metro has always required vendors to have a vending License. Just curious to know how the general eating public looks at trucks, versus most of us who always look for the placard on a brick and mortar's door.

PS, My truck, because I don't cook on it, is permitted differently. I display the Health Department Permit, but am not given a placard.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:30 pm

While I don't necessarily look for them I see them on a regular basis. I seen a couple others like here is that only have the vending permit so I'm assuming they fall into the same category as you do and don't really cook anything on the truck.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Adriel Gray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Louisville Slugger

by Adriel Gray » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:03 am

Las Gorditas has been talked about on here before but good to see them get their own thread.

I've been going for years, it is extremely good. Love their sopes!