Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Jimmy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:07 pm

Germantown

Indy Bar Manager Has Something to Say

by Jimmy R » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:06 pm

Be warned. There are some curse words in this rather reasonable rant, so if that offends, don't read it:

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2016/4/5/ ... link_id=10
no avatar
User

Tony G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:37 am

Louisville Ky 40214

Re: Indy Bar Manager Has Something to Say

by Tony G » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:24 pm

That's beautiful. What a great guy to work for. I've seen those things happen at my local watering hole and see those that did it get totally ignored by the bartenders and waitresses. I mean they got no drinks or food.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:18 am

I can think of a few regular posters here that will dismiss this article as being too sensitive and say that women need to get a grip with the facts of life. The truth is that the sexism found in the industry (as well as others) is not just ugly and disrespectful but harming and warping as well.
Thanks to this business leader for taking a stand. And thank you Jimmy for sharing it.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

by Bryan Shepherd » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:17 am

I wonder how Hooter's handles it? I don't go often, but I have never seen anything as disrespectful as how this gentleman acted. I would think that this behavior would be unacceptable at ANY decent establishment. Hell, if you talk like that to girls at a strip club the bouncers would have you out the door before you can say wh#$e :wink:
BShep
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:29 pm

I'm with the author.

People should feel comfortable going to work or going to a Bar/Restaurant without being harassed.

We crack sex jokes all of the time- women are just as good at it as men. Those comments take it to another level though- they show no class, no respect.

He's basically picking on our friends, coworkers and guests because he feels like he can. This guest chases people away from the business. It's why many bars fail- nobody stands up to a caustic guest and nobody wants to work there or go there.

He should be shown the door.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:04 pm

Stephen makes a good point - females crack sexists jokes as well. It's also demeaning and unacceptable. No one, regardless of their sex, should be reduced to a disposable object.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Matt C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:21 pm

clifton

by Matt C » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:44 pm

When i was the bar manager at Garretts restaurant many years ago . A rather rude patron told a lady to sit on his face . He had been kicked out before for making rasist joke to a bartender of color ( i had only let him back in after he apologized and the bartender said he was ok w it ) he then tried to sue us for discrimination against a fat old white guy ?! This is not a joke and i had heard he did this several places , one of which settled w him . ( we did not give him a penny and as long as i worked there he was not allowed in )