Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Coals----A revisit

no avatar
User

John NA

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:09 pm

Coals----A revisit

by John NA » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:53 pm

A couple of years ago I posted a negative review of Coals because of a bad time my wife and daughter had there.

My wife and I went back the other night and I can say nothing but wonderful things. She had soup and I had a salad and we shared a pizza. Our friends did likewise.

The service was outstanding and attentive and the food was excellent. I have nothing but rave reviews for it now!
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Coals----A revisit

by Mark R. » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:35 pm

Glad to see you really enjoyed yourself during this visit! Which location did you visit?
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Ray Griffith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Highlands

by Ray Griffith » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:21 pm

My opinion is quite the opposite. Coals started out great, but in several subsequent visits, the quality of the pizza has noticibly declined. The pizza is still good, but I no longer rave about it.

I will visit The Post, Garage Bar, Harvest, Cafe Classico, Boombozz, etc., before Coal's.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:17 am

Ray Griffith wrote:My opinion is quite the opposite. Coals started out great, but in several subsequent visits, the quality of the pizza has noticibly declined. The pizza is still good, but I no longer rave about it.

I will visit The Post, Garage Bar, Harvest, Cafe Classico, Boombozz, etc., before Coal's.

That hasn't been my experience at all. We go to Coal's in St. Matthews every month or two, and our most recent visit last week was just as good as any previous visit since they've opened.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:37 am

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:That hasn't been my experience at all. We go to Coal's in St. Matthews every month or two, and our most recent visit last week was just as good as any previous visit since they've opened.

I'm on board with this. Coal's is pretty much our go-to when we want first-rank pizza. I haven't been for a while, but Mary went with friends for lunch this week and reports her pizza was outstanding as usual.
no avatar
User

John NA

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:09 pm

by John NA » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:55 pm

We went to the St. Matthew's location.