Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

Oh no! Volare took the Grigliata Mista away from me!

by Linda C » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:54 pm

I HATE when this happens! You are seriously craving a delicious favorite and the menu has changed! We went there Sunday for half priced wine and our fav dish and it's GONE! One of the best appetizers in town and healthy, too! I ordered the clams, which were disappointing...teensy clam smothered in salty, overbuttery breadcrumbs. I only ate one. My husband had the scallops- three plump ones over pea puree...very yummy. Salad was good. I am bummed!
no avatar
User

Majid

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:52 pm

louisville

by Majid » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:42 am

Linda, I am sorry that we failed to let you know that we can always prepare that dish on request. However, we will make sure that Grigliata Mista will become a classic item on our menu.

p.s. Your next visit, you are my guest.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:05 pm

No way, Majid! I love the place and have never been unhappy with our experiences. I do consider that dish to be a "classic". It's been discussed on this forum and it was pictured in the Scene. I understand that restaurants make changes due to availability of items and sales. I guess I considered it a signature dish much like Jack Fry's shrimp and grits. Anyway, we are regular customers and we've brought clients as well and everyone has always raved about Volare. I even wrote a 5 star review of the restaurant on http://www.tripadvisor last year!
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

link

by Doogy R » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:13 pm

Linda, your link doesn't work. I found your review and here is the link to it.

<b>Click here</b>

(Edited to embed long, window-breaking link)
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.