Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

CJ goes carnivore at GAME

User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

CJ goes carnivore at GAME

by Robin Garr » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:21 am

Game is "much more than a burger joint," and vegetarians should turn around and drive out of the parking lot, even though Game offers three veggie burgers. So says the CJ critic. What do you folks think?

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/en ... /81882928/
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Re: CJ goes carnivore at GAME

by Heather L » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:38 pm

I think that first paragraph is ridiculous.
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:01 pm

Heather L wrote:I think that first paragraph is ridiculous.

I thought so too. "If you have no sense of humor, it's best not to try to be funny." :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:26 pm

No, she never has been funny. But I get it -- you probably aren't going to order the chicken at Jeff Ruby's or Cast Iron. Similarly, place with few veggie options isn't the best place for those eaters.

The "best burger in town" is a big claim -- any backers on that? Not sure why, but I've never been. I do agree with her claim that, generally, bison isn't the tastiest option out there for a burger eater.
User

Adriel Gray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Louisville Slugger

by Adriel Gray » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:30 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Heather L wrote:I think that first paragraph is ridiculous.

I thought so too. "If you have no sense of humor, it's best not to try to be funny." :mrgreen:

It's weird to speak for all vegetarians. As a former veggie, I was fine with my minority status and would be pleased as punch that someone gave menu space to 3 different options geared towards my proclivities.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:51 pm

SilvioM wrote:The "best burger in town" is a big claim -- any backers on that?

It's definitely in my top 5. . . .

It's a fun place, but we rarely go as (1) there are no reservations (2) the atmosphere is a -4 on a scale of 1-10 and (3) there now are a lot of places that serve a top burger! Trying the different options is fun, each burger we've had (and we've had many!) has been great, but I'm not sure it's better than Mussels & Burgers or several others around.
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Adam Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

by Adam Robinson » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:53 pm

SilvioM wrote:No, she never has been funny. But I get it -- you probably aren't going to order the chicken at Jeff Ruby's or Cast Iron. Similarly, place with few veggie options isn't the best place for those eaters.

The "best burger in town" is a big claim -- any backers on that? Not sure why, but I've never been. I do agree with her claim that, generally, bison isn't the tastiest option out there for a burger eater.

I've been there three times. It's in the top 5 burgers in town. It's not in the top 4.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:57 am

Not sure what "wild and clean" cuisine is.
However, I have liked Game very much every time I've been there; I love their Duck Burger and a special last time I was there was the elusive Turkey Burger which I can find very few places in Louisville. The fries are also delicious.
The service has been spot on four of the five times I've been- and I will give them the exception because every restaurant has a bad night now and again.
I cannot rate the burgers since I don't eat red meat, but when I want a satisfying hearty meal Game is on my list of go to places.