Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Jason G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: Le Moo makes Food Network's Top 25 steak houses

by Jason G » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:34 am

I've been to Le Moo twice. Its really good food and the atmosphere is great as well. Staff is very friendly.

I'm not quite sure its totally worth the price. Personally I like Rubys better if i want a $200 steak dinner. But Le Moo also has a lot more varied menu options than a lot of steak houses as well.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:04 pm

Jason G wrote:I'm not quite sure its totally worth the price. Personally I like Rubys better if i want a $200 steak dinner. But Le Moo also has a lot more varied menu options than a lot of steak houses as well.

In fairness, though, Le Moo aims at being a high-quality "mid-price" steak house. I think you'd have to work really hard at it to build up a $200 tab there.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:37 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Jason G wrote:I'm not quite sure its totally worth the price. Personally I like Rubys better if i want a $200 steak dinner. But Le Moo also has a lot more varied menu options than a lot of steak houses as well.

In fairness, though, Le Moo aims at being a high-quality "mid-price" steak house. I think you'd have to work really hard at it to build up a $200 tab there.

Le Moo and Ruby's are very close on pricing. Le Moo's pricing includes a side; but a app, dinner, dessert and a couple of drinks can get to $200 easy.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:59 pm

JustinHammond wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:

Le Moo and Ruby's are very close on pricing. Le Moo's pricing includes a side; but a app, dinner, dessert and a couple of drinks can get to $200 easy.

Too rich for my blood. If I'm spending that for a steak dinner I'm driving to Jungle Jim's, where I'll pick up a couple of pounds of Greg Norman beef, the fresh ingredients for a couple of sides and a nice bottle of wine...and at the end of the meal I won't be all pissed off because some cook or waiter got my order dicked up.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Jason G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:18 pm

by Jason G » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:31 pm

Robin Garr wrote:

Not sure how you figure this. If two diners each get a mid-priced prime steak with blue cheese ($54 bucks each), one $14 app and two alcholic beverages, you're looking at about $175 for a two top after tax and tip.

Like i said, they do have some cheaper entree options if you don't want steak, but you could just as easily go way over $200 as well.
Previous