Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Lynn's

no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Lynn's

by Richard S. » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:59 am

WDRB is reporting that the Lynn's site has been sold, although details are sketchy.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/31556675/lynn ... rant-group
User

Josh A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:01 pm

Paristown Point/Germantown

Re: Lynn's

by Josh A » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:51 pm

Happened to be driving by there about noon today and there was a small box truck backed into the parking lot, the doors were propped open, and there were people wandering around inside. So something is going on.
no avatar
User

Tony G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:37 am

Louisville Ky 40214

by Tony G » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:28 pm

Bobby Flays group maybe??
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Richard S. » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:42 pm

The current rumor is a barbecue restaurant out of Nashville.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:27 pm

Richard S. wrote:The current rumor is a barbecue restaurant out of Nashville.

I thought a condition of sale was that it be reopened with the Lynn's concept/shtick. Maybe she got over that?
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:43 pm

My dad is a huge fan of a relatively new Nashville BBQ place called Edley's. I wonder if it's that.
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

by Terri Beam » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:49 pm

I can think of a lot of Nashville eateries I would like to see transfer here. BBQ isn't one of them though. Haven't we got enough BBQ joints now?

Biscuit Love Brunch is one. We're exporting Wild Eggs to Nashville (will be opening soon), so why not have them export one of their breakfast joints to us? From what I hear, the fried bonuts (some sort of biscuit/donut combination) are pure bliss.

It wouldn't surprise me if one of the original hot chicken joints expanded. Hattie B's and Bolton's have at least two locations each.

Monell's would be an interesting choice, but I don't see that style of dining invading Louisville successfully. People in Nashville tend to be more relaxed about dining with strangers (I always thought it led to fun conversations). The Loveless Cafe would be a good fit in Lynn's building, but I don't see them expanding to Louisville.

I tried to do some digging on restaurant chains headquartered in Nashville, but I didn't come up with much. I doubt Logan's Roadhouse or O'Charley's would be interested in that location.
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

by Gary Guss » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:55 pm

User

Ray Griffith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Highlands

by Ray Griffith » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:08 am

Gary Guss wrote:Bar B Cuties! http://www.bar-b-cutie.com/bbq/

Are you saying that this is it or just that you would like for it to be this one?
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Iggy C » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:24 am

Loveless or Monell's would be awesome.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Richard S. » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:30 am

Matching the rumor with the current info on insiderlouisville.com would make it a Jim & NIck's.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:31 am

Richard S. wrote:Matching the rumor with the current info on insiderlouisville.com would make it a Jim & NIck's.

I just read the article on insider Louisville about the company that bought Lynn's and it states that the following list of restaurants are ones that they have franchises for within their group "mix of small and large chains, including El Pollo Loco, 5 Bar, Little Donkey, Trader Joe’s and Tellini’s Italiano, as well as Wendy’s and Papa John’s" looking at the company's website there are many other restaurants they own also. Is there another article someplace where you saw the information about Jim & Nick's or you thought that Jim & Nick's is the only barbecue restaurant in the mix?

Looking at the menu from Jim & Nick's it doesn't look any different than any other barbecue place except the prices are little higher than many of them and they also have a few more non-barbecue items on the menu. Not sure how good a fit that would be for that location.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Iggy C » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:20 pm

I like Jim and Nicks. Can't say it is a cut above Feast, Momma's or Smoketown, though. Not sure how they will stand out. My dad raves about Edley's, but I haven't tried it, myself. Regardless, it'll be good to have something there drawing business.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Richard S. » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:22 pm

The Portfolio section of the developer's website indicates they're partners in about 30 Jim N Nick's (One partner alone operates 25 locations). The only other thing that looks like it might be BBQ is a Korean place in a strip mall in Pelham, Ala. I can't imagine that would be a candidate for Lynn's. I'm just guessing but JnN would be the best match for the rumor.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Richard S. » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:02 pm

The CJ is reporting that it's Taziki's:

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/li ... /82248598/
Next