Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Asian Wok opening next to Hub in old River City Tire

by Robin Garr » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:47 pm

We got a doorknob ad today from Asian Wok, which is filling the other half of the converted River City Tire building between Comfy Cow and Bourbons Bistro on Frankfort. We had seen hibachi tables going in and thought it might be a Japanese steakhouse a la Shogun, but the menu looks like perhaps a little less: It's one of those large Chinese-American menus indistinguishable from the little chopsticks storefronts next door to every Kroger in town, but with a short hibachi grill menu and a standard list of sushi rolls. I'll give it a fair chance, but I'm not setting my expectations too high. Open seven days a week for lunch and dinner.

Asian Wok
Chinese - Sushi - Hibachi
2235 Frankfort Ave., No. 105
822-3385
http://AsianWokLouisville.com
User

Rachel Goldenberg

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:23 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Asian Wok opening next to Hub in old River City Tire

by Rachel Goldenberg » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:05 pm

They have been offering 20% off for new customers. It's pretty average - typical, inexpensive Asian food. And it only takes up one of several spots in that complex. Hoping for something more exciting next door. There's a nice local gift shop in the same building.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:29 pm

Rachel Goldenberg wrote:They have been offering 20% off for new customers. It's pretty average - typical, inexpensive Asian food. And it only takes up one of several spots in that complex. Hoping for something more exciting next door. There's a nice local gift shop in the same building.

Thanks for the info, Rachel! We saw a bunch of Asian guys moving hardware in a couple of months ago, and it looked as if they were filling that whole end of the building. It wasn't easy to make out in the dark, though. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:51 am

Happy to have an inexpensive Asian take-out option within walking distance of the house. We have been twice - we ate there the first time and I went up and got carry-out the second time. They do have a small refrigerated case where you can see the sushi grade fish and it is rolled right there while you wait. I don't eat sushi - just letting folks know that you can see it before you order. Otherwise, it's pretty standard Chinese fare plus hibachi options. I have liked what I tried. Sesame tofu the first time, and the tofu was crispy and tasty. Just had veggie lomein the second time and it was really good. It wasn't drowning in some gloppy sauce like I have had from other places - fresh broccoli and zucchini.

Spouse had shrimp fried rice and chicken wings and was happy that the shrimp was cleaned. I will also say that the folks running the place were very nice and friendly. If this is convenient to you, I would definitely give it a shot. We had given up on take-out chinese in our area so happy to have them close.
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:23 am

Heather L wrote:If this is convenient to you, I would definitely give it a shot. We had given up on take-out chinese in our area so happy to have them close.

That's good to know, Heather. It's in our general neighborhood, too, at least technically within walking distance - we're 1 mile exactly from Comfy Cow, so this is maybe 100 feet less. :mrgreen: ) So based on your advice, we'll definitely give it a shot.