Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

Movement at the Old Mexico Viejo/Fattoush

by RonnieD » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:23 pm

Maybe I missed it, but the old Mex Viejo/Fattoush spot just a fresh coat of blue and white paint. Is there a seafood place going in there or something? I'd like to see something succeed in that spot. Lord knows the Donut Shop next door is doing a booming business (mostly due to me, I think)
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Re: Movement at the Old Mexico Viejo/Fattoush

by Jay M. » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:38 pm

Where on the planet is this, RonnieD?
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

by Mike D » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:41 am

It's on Lower Brownsboro Road, across from Kroger.

And wasn't there another short-lived Middle Eastern-themed restaurant between the Mexican place and Fattoush? (I should know that since I'm in the neighborhood and am a frequent patron of Clifton Donuts.)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:42 am

Mike D wrote:It's on Lower Brownsboro Road, across from Kroger.

And wasn't there another short-lived Middle Eastern-themed restaurant between the Mexican place and Fattoush? (I should know that since I'm in the neighborhood and am a frequent patron of Clifton Donuts.)

Andalous. It was Moroccan, mostly, and the best of the bunch at that location. I was really sorry to see it go.
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

by Mike D » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:50 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Mike D wrote:It's on Lower Brownsboro Road, across from Kroger.

Andalous. It was Moroccan, mostly, and the best of the bunch at that location. I was really sorry to see it go.

Yeah, now I remember. Sorry to say I never tried any of them. It's a tossup between that location and the Clifton-Frankfort corner with the short-lived Cuban places for "least likely to succeed" in a neighborhood with lots of great dining options.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:02 am

Mike D wrote: It's a tossup between that location and the Clifton-Frankfort corner with the short-lived Cuban places for "least likely to succeed" in a neighborhood with lots of great dining options.

The place on Frankfort (across from Grape Leaf) goes back a lot farther ... it was the first Lynn's Paradise Cafe! A short-lived Jamaican place in the '80s. Short-lived Korean place in the '90s. Short-lived Danielle's in the '00s. And then all the even shorter-lived Mexican and Cuban places since.

I'm reliably informed that the location has multiple problems: Marginally workable kitchen, and unreasonable landlord. I don't know if anything will ever stick there.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:25 pm

Banner is now up, and it looks like it's close. B.C.'s Lunch and Lounge? Anybody got the scoop?
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY