Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Rumor Central - Jungle Jim's to open in Florence ??

by Steve P » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:10 pm

We had a conversation a week or so ago with a guy who told us that Jungle Jim's plans to open a couple of more stores in the not-to-distant future...Including a location in Florence, KY. The guy seemed pretty "connected" and sure of himself - right down to the exact location where a couple of these stores were going...but I'll be darned if I can find any mention of this on the internet (Bizjournals, etc, etc). Anyone else heard this rumor ?
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Eric Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: Rumor Central - Jungle Jim's to open in Florence ??

by Eric Hall » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:24 pm

I love jungle Jims and would welcome a slightly closer option.

The open grocery/liquor/wine/beer store will have to be amended due to KY law. They will have to have liquor and wine in a separate building. I wouldn't expect the same beer selection either with different distributors and significantly different breweries available in KY vs Ohio.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:34 pm

Is the location close to the interstate?
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:28 pm

Eric Hall wrote:I love jungle Jims and would welcome a slightly closer option.

The open grocery/liquor/wine/beer store will have to be amended due to KY law. They will have to have liquor and wine in a separate building. I wouldn't expect the same beer selection either with different distributors and significantly different breweries available in KY vs Ohio.

The separation of facilities wouldn't be a big issue, It's done many places locally including Kroger and Costco and isn't really a major problem. I really don't know much about the beer selection issue because I'm not a big beer person, we drink mostly wine, bourbon and scotch. It would be really nice however to have a location so we can make food runs much closer. They really have many items that aren't available locally.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:21 pm

Iggy C wrote:Is the location close to the interstate?

The location he mentioned in Florence (Ya'll) was "The Old Costco building" (is that kinda like the "Old Sears Building")...I don't know where that is -exactly- but he made it sound like it was near the mall. Another new location he mentioned was Mason (north Cincy) AND he said they were (eventually) going to move the Eastgate location due to traffic congestion. Not sure how much (if any) of this is true but like I said, the guy certainly came off like he knew what he was talking about...
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:22 am

Ok cool, thanks. Jungle Jim's is a bit out of the way currently, so the new location would be more convenient when going to and from visits with family in Ohio. We'd probably wind up going 3-4 times a year at the new one.