Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

Louisville City FC tailgating

by Leah S » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:42 pm

The Louisville Food Truck Association, in partnership with Louisville City FC, will be tailgating three hours before each home game. On April 2, from noon - 3p, the three food trucks in the parking lot will be: Louisville Sushi Truck, Boo Boo Smoke Shack and Pollo - a gourmet chicken joint. We hope you'll come early, enjoy some great food (and beer too!) and help build a tailgating tradition.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Louisville City FC tailgating

by Robin Garr » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:25 pm

Excellent! That's at Slugger Field?
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:56 pm

Too bad they won't let food trucks set up before baseball games too!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:30 am

Yes, Slugger Field. (Until the city or a benefactor builds a proper soccer field . . .) And we'd sure love to park in the lots before baseball games!
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:23 pm

Leah S wrote:Yes, Slugger Field. (Until the city or a benefactor builds a proper soccer field . . .) And we'd sure love to park in the lots before baseball games!

I'm going little off topic here for this website but while I certainly agree with you that slugger Field is the best place to play soccer I really don't understand but a complete new soccer stadium for the limited use it will receive. To me it would seem a great idea if Louisville City FC and UofL got together for the soccer complex. The University built a great soccer complex a few years ago which has received a lot of rave. It obvious he doesn't have enough seating capacity but is in a good location with good bit of parking fairly close by. Maybe between the 2 of them and the city an arrangement could be worked out to share the facility and a larger grandstand/clubhouse could be built without the expense of building a complete new facility. It still wouldn't be used that much throughout the year and would be a huge repetition of facilities that would sit unused.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:28 pm

Mark R. wrote:
Leah S wrote:Yes, Slugger Field. (Until the city or a benefactor builds a proper soccer field . . .) And we'd sure love to park in the lots before baseball games!

I'm going little off topic here for this website but while I certainly agree with you that slugger Field is the best place to play soccer I really don't understand but a complete new soccer stadium for the limited use it will receive. To me it would seem a great idea if Louisville City FC and UofL got together for the soccer complex. The University built a great soccer complex a few years ago which has received a lot of rave. It obvious he doesn't have enough seating capacity but is in a good location with good bit of parking fairly close by. Maybe between the 2 of them and the city an arrangement could be worked out to share the facility and a larger grandstand/clubhouse could be built without the expense of building a complete new facility. It still wouldn't be used that much throughout the year and would be a huge repetition of facilities that would sit unused.

Papa Johns Stadium will get a $50 million upgrade soon for a place where the Cards only play 6 home games per year. Throw in a few scrimmages and high school games and you got a stadium vacant about 350 days per year.

As for Louisville City, they'll play more home games and will build a complex within the grounds for youth leagues. The venue will also be of a size more feasible for other events. There is also hopes of intergrating the Major League Soccer in the not so distant future.
James J. Natsis