Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Louisville down to one - Ed Lee - in Beard Awards

by Robin Garr » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:23 pm

Only Ed Lee of 610 Magnolia remains "alive" in this year's James Beard Awards. He made the final cut as one of five contenders for Best Chef - Southeast.

Here's the complete list of all Beard award nominations, including books, journalism, chefs, beverage industry leaders, etc.:

http://www.jamesbeard.org/blog/2016-jam ... -154128417
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Re: Louisville down to one - Ed Lee - in Beard Awards

by Andrew Mellman » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:41 am

Anyone else ticked off that we are listed as "Louisville, KY" while almost every other city listed in the twelve-screen list is just city (not state)? I guess there must be a lot of Louisvilles out there with good food - or maybe in NYC they have learned where Memphis and Nashville are, but don't yet know where Louisville may be?
Andrew Mellman
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:28 am

Andrew Mellman wrote:Anyone else ticked off that we are listed as "Louisville, KY" while almost every other city listed in the twelve-screen list is just city (not state)? I guess there must be a lot of Louisvilles out there with good food - or maybe in NYC they have learned where Memphis and Nashville are, but don't yet know where Louisville may be?

I don't know if this is true, but back in the day ('80s), the Associated Press style book had a canonical list of cities that could be used without the identifying state, and Louisville was not one of them. I imagine that the Beard folks are using some similar zero-tolerance database.
no avatar
User

paula.evans

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:11 pm

by paula.evans » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:55 am

Congrats also to Harlen Wheatley,,Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort for being nominated for Outstanding Beer, Wine professional as well!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:59 am

paula.evans wrote:Congrats also to Harlen Wheatley,,Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort for being nominated for Outstanding Beer, Wine professional as well!

You're right, Paula! I missed that. Congrats to Harlen indeed!

Harlen Wheatley
Buffalo Trace Distillery
Frankfort, KY