Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Re:Jobs wanted adds

no avatar
User

Nora Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Clifton

Re:Jobs wanted adds

by Nora Boyle » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:47 pm

You have made a point in the past of questioning the lack of participation in the jobs wanted corner of this forum. I'd just like to agree on this front. Absolutely nothing on yourself, but you can't possibly question the fact that no one in the service is checking these pages for info. How can we up that? It's the perfect foil! Especially now that Craig's is charging $25 per post. I think it's an opportunity. And it would be great to post on a local forum and get some results.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Re:Jobs wanted adds

by Robin Garr » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:17 am

I'm not sure I follow, Nora. I get compliments all the time from folks who tell me that the jobs forum worked for them, and looking over the forum now, it appears that most posts pretty quickly get from 100 to several hundred views. Your El Mundo BOH doesn't seem to be taking off yet, but maybe it needs some time? Or people don't know what "BOH" means? (If they're applying for a restaurant job, though, they ought to. :oops: )

Anyway, you might try using edit (open your post and tap the little pencil) to write a new headline ... El Mundo Kitchen Help or something?)

It can also be helpful to copy the link to your announcement and then cross-post it to Facebook and other social media.