Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Nora Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Clifton

Re: Why we don't eat out very much

by Nora Boyle » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:01 pm

So people that choose to wait tables are the victims here? Nope. Big fat hairy nope. No one forced them into this line of work. Nobody did. Not on person. I CHOOSE IT. If you can't respect it and do your best at it, do something else. A manager may or may not be good at their job. They certainly don't control the level of good service. If anything they go behind and fix it. Which means you shouldn't be waiting tables.
If I choose to be your robot server, I'll be good at that as well. Because it's my job.
no avatar
User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

German-Paristown and Highgate Springs

Re: Why we don't eat out very much

by Gordon M Lowe » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:36 am

Gary Z wrote:
Adriel Gray wrote:New business idea: "Rent-a-Waiter" Think of a maid service mixed with Uber. You put in a cellphone request for a waiter, they meet you at the restaurant of your choosing and then you two negotiate payment. You can read reviews of them and leave them as well. You don't have to worry about poor wages or tipping, you will be the manager of your own personal server. They won't have other tables or chores, just your top flight service.

It's a whole new world, let's get creative. :wink:

I suppose this would work if you wanted a server with absolutely no product knowledge of what they're serving. Or I guess they could memorize 500 different menus.

In the late 1980's, a couple friends of mine worked for a company called Door-to-Door, which took the idea of Take-out-taxi a little further... I think they actually set the table for you, and provided some level of personal service.
Previous