Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Pre-wedding lunch

no avatar
User

nicole.bright

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:24 pm

Pre-wedding lunch

by nicole.bright » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:24 pm

I am organizing a pre-wedding lunch at my house for some bridesmaids and their mothers on the day of the wedding and wanted to get some ideas of where to go for catering. Stevens and Stevens came to mind, but I'd like to think of some alternative. Here are some criteria:
* A place I can get a sandwich tray, and maybe some easy sides
* "Clean" food, both in the sense that it will be light and healthy, and also clean for the bridesmaids and bride getting ready. :D
* Close to Highlands/Old Louisville for pick-up on Saturday morning, though if they deliver that would be even better.

Any ideas?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Pre-wedding lunch

by Robin Garr » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:37 pm

I'm pretty sure Paul's fruit markets will make sandwiches and similar fare for pickup, and the times I've tried them, they've been good.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:06 pm

There's always Cheddar Box, Jason's, lots of choices, but don't ignore Subway or any of the sub sandwich places, all of which do trays for delivery (Jimmy John's) or take out (and can be as messy/unmessy as you want)! Also, Bristol does box lunches with sandwich of your choice, side(s), and a cookie.
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Alexis Rich

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:24 pm

by Alexis Rich » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:03 pm

What about Wiltshire Pantry? I think their food would appeal to ladies and certainly has a clean/fresh vibe to it. Pricey, in my opinion, but people have been known to splurge when it comes to weddings. I think it would be worth it.
no avatar
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

by Carol C » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:34 pm

Gracious Plenty is wonderful and has a location on lower Brownsboro Road. They cater and have a number of options which may fill your needs!
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:31 am

Wiltshire Pantry. We use them for everything. Always excellent, and can fit almost any budget.