Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: Pho Ba Luu coming to Butchertown

by James Natsis » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:38 pm

I finally got a chance to drop in this evening for a veggie pho and hot tea. Tasty dish made of good stock and veggies, and a robust serving. The place looks really good and has a nice vibe. The back patio looks inviting and I was told that it is still being modified and expanded. Also, parking presents no problem after 5:00....it was nice to fulfill a need for vietnamese grub while crusing in the area and figuring out where I wanted to eat. This place is a keeper.
James J. Natsis
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:28 am

I'm only about a year behind in getting to Pho Ba Luu. Loved it. The Vietnamese flavors seemed very original and the atmosphere of the space is inviting. A bit cool for the patio, but that will be another reason for a return visit in coming weeks.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:23 pm

I'm glad you liked it, TP. I might have to try again. I went once or twice when it was new and was underwhelmed, and the second time was recognized and had to undergo a level of sucking up that really put me off. :( For both those reasons - underwhelmed, and then possibly given exceptional portions and service - I declined to review. But ... has it really been a year? I definitely ought to give it another shot, expecially with Mirin and Chik'n & Mi both providing nearby competition in the same approximate genre.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:36 pm

Robin,

Some of my enthusiasm may also be related to seeing that block come to life - it's very cool to see. But, I don't want to dismiss the food. We had a lovely dinner of a vegetarian pho and beef pho that really was a rare treat for us (we need to get out more!). We were also on a high from having just left "Airness" at Actors. What a terrific play!
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:22 pm

Robin Garr wrote:exceptional portions

If you got larger than normal portions, I can only imagine how much food you were given. I've been twice, and both times I've either made a pig of myself to finish my pho or taken home leftovers.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
Previous