Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

CJ rates Red Yeti 3 stars

User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

CJ rates Red Yeti 3 stars

by Robin Garr » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:16 pm

Did you know people throw a hissy fit if you tamper with shrimp and grits? Me either.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/en ... /80499604/
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Re: CJ rates Red Yeti 3 stars

by Richard S. » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:02 pm

My wife would, in a heartbeat.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:08 pm

Maybe depends on whose S&G are being messed with. But, generally no.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:48 am

I think the laugh here lies in her odd assumption that there is an iconic shrimp and grits dish in Louisville. The fact is that every chef has his own take, and none of them are very close to the simple down-home original from Beaufort, S.C., that Shawn Ward brought back to Louisville and introduced, in his own chef-driven form, around 1995. It caught fire, and everyone came up with his or her own version. EVERYBODY "tampers" with it, and that's the point.

For the daily paper's reviewer to be seemingly unaware of this is a little funny, a little pitiful, and makes a point that's louder than words.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:47 am

Aside from the shrimp & grits debate, the Red Yeti is our "go to" place when we walk the bridge for dinner! Service is uniformly good, and the food is interesting and fun and tasty.

Given her penchant for high marks, I'd give it 3.5 stars vs 3.
Andrew Mellman
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:04 pm

Andrew Mellman wrote:Aside from the shrimp & grits debate, the Red Yeti is our "go to" place when we walk the bridge for dinner! Service is uniformly good, and the food is interesting and fun and tasty.

Given her penchant for high marks, I'd give it 3.5 stars vs 3.

Noted with thanks, particularly as spring approaches and bridge-walking weather returns. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Adam Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

by Adam Robinson » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:34 am

Red Yeti is the best restaurant in Jeffersonville, IMO. I'd never had a bad meal there, and eaten there many times, though unfortunately not since it's gotten cold.

I should also point out one day I had to leave for an emergency (the kind where you actually can't wait for the check) just as my food came out, said I'd be back to pay it, and when I got back, they re-did my dish for me and comped the first one. Little things like that, which are completely unnecessary but just great customer service, really matter. I recommend them to everyone anywhere near Jeff.