Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Sicilian's Pizza

no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Sicilian's Pizza

by Richard S. » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:51 pm

A Sicilian Pizza and Pasta is scheduled to open on Bardstown Rd. in front of the Glenmary subdivision outside the Gene Snyder in April. It looks like they have an existing location, although I've never been. Apparently the owner lives in Glenmary.

http://sicilianpizzapasta.net/
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: Sicilian's Pizza

by James Natsis » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:59 pm

It looks like they're replacing the Mexican place that was located there. The pizza looks pretty good in the photos, but nothing else looks all that inviting. The Miller Lite tap and bottles of Pabst, Coors, Red Stripe, and Heineken in the photos tell me enough.
They should do pretty well out there with the suburban Applebee's type of clientele.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

PeteOsborne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:24 pm

by PeteOsborne » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:42 am

James Natsis wrote:They should do pretty well out there with the suburban Applebee's type of clientele.

Geez, thanks for the ridiculous stereotyping. Not all of us are suburbanites out there ... that area is getting close enough to Bullitt county that, once a week or so, we put on our "going to town clothes" and head to the city. Of course we have to clean the manure off our boots first

The Mexican place is staying in the strip, moving a few doors down. If you haven't tried the Sicilian on 4th St., give it a shot. The food is good, regardless of what the pictures look like.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

by James Natsis » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:42 pm

Not meant to be an insult, Pete, just an observation. I live within walking distance of the plaze so we may even be neighbors (I've seen horses, but not any cows).

Sake Blue, located just up the street, is a destination for some folks who come in from the city core to dine there. I don't see Sicilian's Pizza drawing many of that crowd. But there is a clientel that will appreciate the digs. I'll probaby stop off for a carryout pizza. But, I prefer to drive further into the city core for a larger swath of options.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

by Bryan Shepherd » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:16 pm

Pizza is decent..we stop by there sometimes pre or post concert at The Palace...I guess the closest competition, Pizza Hut, Domino's, Papa John's and Jet's notwithstanding, would be Bearno's and Hometown Pizza...Borromeo's is just down I-265 about 4-5 miles. We will check it out.

That previous comment sounded like an insult, by the way....
BShep
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:10 am

When management treats us to pizza at work they always order from Sicilian. I am not really a pizza fan at all, but I like theirs- especially the bourbon chicken pizza.
no avatar
User

PeteOsborne

{ RANK }

Foodie

by PeteOsborne » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:43 am

We drove from the Creek to the Sicilian downtown location for dinner Saturday night. My wife really likes their Philly Cheese Steak pizza. The kids love their meatball subs. I love the fact that they are snuggling their new location up to a Pizza Hut. The information they gave us was that if they can prove to be "successful" the first year, the landlord of the Glenmary plaza will allow them to put a patio in on the side of the building. That would certainly be a welcome addition.

As for the other places, give Borromeos a try. Their pizza is good, but their calzones are their best offering.
no avatar
User

PeteOsborne

{ RANK }

Foodie

by PeteOsborne » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:46 am

James Natsis wrote:Not meant to be an insult, Pete, just an observation. I live within walking distance of the plaze so we may even be neighbors (I've seen horses, but not any cows).

No worries. I should't read the message boards when a) I'm having a rough day at work and b) I am not feeling well.

I see horses and cows on almost a daily basis. I am situated out of Cedar Creek Rd., so it's still pretty rural out there.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

by James Natsis » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:54 pm

We all have our moments of raised blood pressure!

By the way, food choices have improved substantially in the area. The Parklands of Floyds Fork will launch its official opening this spring. This park system will shape the demographics in the area over the next decade in a positve manner. ......now, if we could just get a bonafide cafe and some type of market style grocery store..........
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

by James Natsis » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:36 pm

James Natsis wrote:Not meant to be an insult, Pete, just an observation. I live within walking distance of the plaze so we may even be neighbors (I've seen horses, but not any cows).

Sake Blue, located just up the street, is a destination for some folks who come in from the city core to dine there. I don't see Sicilian's Pizza drawing many of that crowd. But there is a clientel that will appreciate the digs. I'll probaby stop off for a carryout pizza. But, I prefer to drive further into the city core for a larger swath of options.

I'm replying here to my own comment earlier.

I made it to Sicilian this afternoon. They'll do well in this location. Their pizza is good--very fresh crust, the decor has a bit of a pub feel with several sports screens, and they have some decent beers--on tap and bottled. Nothing really special, but well fitted for the Fern Creek needs. I'll certainly be back, especially for their $6.50 small pizza lunch special. All said, a definite plus to the area.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

PeteOsborne

{ RANK }

Foodie

by PeteOsborne » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:57 pm

I stopped in for carryout on Friday night. The place was packed and the pizza met my expectations after eating at their downtown location. I am a fan of their dough/crust recipe.

They should do pretty well in that location.