Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Nora Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Clifton

Please and thank you on the avenue

by Nora Boyle » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:58 pm

They're trying for a Friday opening. Lots of last minute stuff!. Although parking on that corridor can be a pain, I'm glad to have them as neighbors. And they have gone so far so quickly with that space. Truly sweet peeps.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Please and thank you on the avenue

by Robin Garr » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:52 pm

We were just looking in and thinking it looked like progress but seemed it was taking forever! Inspectors with their hands out, or structural issues converting an old-school TV shop into an eatery?

(Boy, it's a shame they couldn't restore the building to the look of its original second story, without the 1940's retail build on the front. :P )
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:06 am

I think it turned out to be a bigger reno project than they initially thought. Foundation problems maybe? Glad to have them at the end of our street. A little worried about how much I like their cookies. :lol:
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:54 pm

So excited to have some good coffee available in the neighborhood.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:13 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:So excited to have some good coffee available in the neighborhood.

Are you being ironic, Jeff? I don't see a smiley.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:31 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:So excited to have some good coffee available in the neighborhood.

Are you being ironic, Jeff? I don't see a smiley.

Maybe I should have said "really good." Heine Brothers and Vint are serviceable, but not great. The Argo Sons coffee that P&TY serves is a sight better - I'd put them almost with Quills and Sunergos in the top tier of Louisville coffee.
no avatar
User

Derrick Dones

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:02 am

by Derrick Dones » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:35 pm

Will this location attempt to be a psuedo-record store too? I certainly hope not, as my experiences at the Main Street location have been less than stellar. They do make good CC cookies though. DD
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:47 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:Maybe I should have said "really good." Heine Brothers and Vint are serviceable, but not great. The Argo Sons coffee that P&TY serves is a sight better - I'd put them almost with Quills and Sunergos in the top tier of Louisville coffee.

There might be more coffee around than you think. Dark, fresh and strong Mexican Chiapas right next door at Con Huevos? Julis Meinl in a full range of espresso drinks at Caffe Classico? Or down the road just a further piece for Illy espresso drinks at Blue Dog?
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:18 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:Maybe I should have said "really good." Heine Brothers and Vint are serviceable, but not great. The Argo Sons coffee that P&TY serves is a sight better - I'd put them almost with Quills and Sunergos in the top tier of Louisville coffee.

There might be more coffee around than you think. Dark, fresh and strong Mexican Chiapas right next door at Con Huevos? Julis Meinl in a full range of espresso drinks at Caffe Classico? Or down the road just a further piece for Illy espresso drinks at Blue Dog?

Good points! I was thinking "good coffee at a coffee shop," i.e., somewhere I can go do some work for a couple hours with my laptop. But those are good reminders!
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:56 pm

Remember folks, we are not mind readers...what is the location?
no avatar
User

Nora Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Clifton

by Nora Boyle » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:51 pm

2343 or 2347 Frankfort Ave. I'm directionally challenged. :oops: but I will say the renovation had some big issues, had to redo some stuff to get up to code. My kid is already asking for another muffin after Brooke dropped off a box to El Mundo the other day to share. Once the landlord got everything settled they busted out some seriously nice stuff in a very short amount of time.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:15 pm

Jerry C wrote:Remember folks, we are not mind readers...what is the location?

Adding to Nora's response, north side of Frankfort a block or so west of Ewing; between El Mundo and Con Huevos, across the street from Ramiro's. "Where the old Bailey TV used to be." :mrgreen:
User

Ray Griffith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Highlands

by Ray Griffith » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:28 am

I am quite fond of Frankfort Avenue and the area, but I am not sure that it is deserving of such an exclusive designation, "The Avenue". <tongue-in-cheek emoticon here>

Hey, Meet me at The Restaurant on The Street. :mrgreen:
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:41 am

Ray Griffith wrote:I am quite fond of Frankfort Avenue and the area, but I am not sure that it is deserving of such an exclusive designation, "The Avenue". <tongue-in-cheek emoticon here>

Hey, Meet me at The Restaurant on The Street. :mrgreen:

Reminds me of Richmond, Virginia, where the ball park is called The Diamond, and it is located on The Boulevard. Or maybe it's The Avenue. Anyway, when I was there, I thought it bespoke a deep lack of creativity on the part of the city fathers. :mrgreen: