Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Slo Down Wine Dinner at Bistro 1860

by Robin Garr » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:26 pm

California Winemaker Brandon Allen of Slo down Wines presents
Slo Down Wine Dinner at Bistro 1860
Thursday March 24th@ 6:30
$55

“When I was a freshman in college, I made my first barrel of wine. Everything after that is a blur. The more wine I made, the better it got. At least that's what my friends with rail-whisky-proven palates told me. Four years later, I was finally ready to commit to something: dropping out. Armed with eight grand of unspent student loan money, I started Slo Down Wines. In the first year, I made 93 cases of Sexual Chocolate, a wine named after my love of Mad Libs. That was 2008. Today, Slo Down represents every dreamer who's ever dreamed a dream and then did something completely different than that dream which then became their dream
Never could I imagine that I would be here telling you this story 7 years later with a wine that has blown up across the country and has also allowed me to release two new wines - Broken Dreams Chardonnay and Stand Out Cabernet/Merlot blend. SLO Down Wines had a very humble start and we remain humble and grateful for all of our supporters out there who want to ditch the boring, stuffy, old rules that surround wine and just drink it for pure pleasure and fun.” Brandon Allen

First Course
Lobster bisque-pecorino crostini
Baby arugula-holland jumbo white asparagus-shaved shallot-grain mustard vinaigrette-Camembert
Broken Dreams Chardonnay

Second Course
Seared diver scallop-verbena chervil cream-chard-buttered orzo
The Stand Out Bordeaux Blend

Third Course
Bison bourguignon-celery root-sea salt roasted heirloom carrot
Sexual Chocolate Red Blend

Dessert
House made, Sexual chocolate ice cream.