Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

Brownie's "The Shed"-Highlands?

by Bryan Shepherd » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:16 pm

It has been dark the last few times I have passed by. There was also a note on the front door, but I have no idea what it said....
BShep
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

Re: Brownie's "The Shed"-Highlands?

by Ellen P » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:32 pm

Had a friend who plays in a band. Scheduled to play there maybe two weekends ago on a Saturday. Messaged everyone not to come because the place was closing for good on Sunday.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:20 am

I've gotta say, I'm not the least bit surprised...Brownies is a blue collar -sports- bar, not a Bardstown Rd. candy-ass-hipster-bar. Ya live and ya learn...
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:42 am

Steve P wrote:I not a Bardstown Rd. candy-ass-hipster-bar. Ya live and ya learn...

LOL
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

Adam Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

by Adam Robinson » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:47 am

I've seen "closed for renovations" on two separate places that do events there, just fwiw.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:35 pm

Indeed, that is what the sign reads: Closed for renovations. Interesting since they remodeled the place thoroughly before they moved in.

Went once, tasted like standard freezer food, imo. Too many better options in that area.
no avatar
User

joseph.saylor

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:13 pm

Louisville, KY

by joseph.saylor » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:17 am

They just finished redoing the front windows a few months back. It's really weird this place started off really hot, then the hip factor wore off and people stopped going. This Highlands can be really fickle although there may be other factors. I went a few times myself and thought it was fine, especially if you're with friends. Problems I observed were the bar was too tiny, and once during the summer the AC didn't work. Always saw different servers on each visit too which isn't unusual for a big chain place but is for a small neighborhood joint. Whenever you see a lot of turnover that is always a bad sign, probably because servers weren't making any money.

If the renovation story is just another way of closing, then let's now wait on the next failed venture to begin in this spot. Honestly it's frustrating. Just offer consistency, quality food and good service and something will make it there. It's common sense although not always easy in practice. Burger chains and places with poor management will never make it. Too many options around.