Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Ricomex

no avatar
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

Ricomex

by Gary Guss » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:27 pm

I haven't been here yet but here's another new place..

This from Jessica Greenwell on Beechmont webpage

I just stumbled upon a new Mexican place in Iroquois Manor. It's in the front, next to the old Simply Fashion. The sign on the building says Esquina Latina, but it's under new ownership and the sign in the window says it's now called Ricomex. I had pernil tacos and they brought out a creamy green salsa which was one of the tastiest condiments I've ever eaten on a taco. If you don't speak Spanish, you'll need to do some googling or bring a Spanish speaking friend if you want to explore the menu, but a taco is a taco so that's what I ordered. I had three and the portion of meat was generous. I'm stuffed and so glad I stopped to check it out! 3 tacos and a Coke for $8.25

People raving about the tacos with some kind of puerto rican slaw on them, also heard folks liking the batidos (milkshakes) and Mofongo
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Ricomex

by Robin Garr » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:27 pm

Gary Guss wrote: Ricomex ... puerto rican slaw ... Mofongo

Sounds like a mix of Puerto Rico and Mexico, as the name imples. I loved a place in Sellersburg that used to do those two plus, I think, Honduras. Must head for Iroquois Manor!