Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

City Wok Thai Buffet

no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:32 pm

As I've posted before, I really like the food Sala Thai at City Wok for lunch. I think the food is very good for a buffet, selection is very interesting and you can't beat the price. Environment of course is very lacking, but if all I'm looking for is a quick tasty lunch within walking distance, I'm with Matthew: I go there probably once every two weeks and really enjoy this escape from the office...

Deb
no avatar
User

Kevin Graves

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:51 pm

Louisville, KY

by Kevin Graves » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:28 pm

Decent pad thai (not as good as Simply Thai) and an excellent thai chicken salad. Definitely worth 6 bucks.
Kevin J. Graves
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:30 pm

Deb Hall wrote:As I've posted before, I really like the food Sala Thai at City Wok for lunch. I think the food is very good for a buffet, selection is very interesting and you can't beat the price. Environment of course is very lacking, but if all I'm looking for is a quick tasty lunch within walking distance, I'm with Matthew: I go there probably once every two weeks and really enjoy this escape from the office...

Okay, I'm a little reluctant to say this because I love it when everybody can agree. But I expressed some doubt about Sala Thai City Wok earlier in the thread, and since have been back two more times in a serious, honest effort to give it a fair chance. I also went back to Thai Taste to compare it to the only other Thai buffet I know of locally.

Yesterday's lunch at Sala Thai City Wok, though, was the last straw. It was the least appetizing Thai food I have ever had in my life. I literally couldn't eat most of it and ended up throwing most of my lunch away. I <I>never</I> do this.

Please note that I am not dissing Sala Thai's regular restaurant. It's the No. 1 Thai restaurant in town, in my opinion. But I just don't see it at the City Wok property, and I don't see myself going back there again.

I will go back to Thai Taste, although to be honest, buffet service isn't the best way to serve any Asian food. Order off the menu at Thai restaurants, that's my advice.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Asian buffet's.

by Doogy R » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:44 pm

I think they do a fantastic job with their lunch buffet at Sari Sari. In my opinion, it is one of the top Asian buffets in the city. I also like Shalimar's lunch buffet quite a bit.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Andrew Gilley

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:54 pm

by Andrew Gilley » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:01 pm

Yesterday's lunch at Sala Thai City Wok, though, was the last straw. It was the least appetizing Thai food I have ever had in my life. I literally couldn't eat most of it and ended up throwing most of my lunch away. I never do this.

Robin you broke the first rule of all buffet eating...never go on Monday.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Broken rule

by Doogy R » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:03 pm

Andrew Gilley wrote:
Yesterday's lunch at Sala Thai City Wok, though, was the last straw. It was the least appetizing Thai food I have ever had in my life. I literally couldn't eat most of it and ended up throwing most of my lunch away. I never do this.

Robin you broke the first rule of all buffet eating...never go on Monday.

Loved that one. :lol:
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:41 pm

Andrew Gilley wrote:Robin you broke the first rule of all buffet eating...never go on Monday.

:lol:

Note, however, that this was my third try. The other test runs were on a Wednesday and a Thursday, as I recall.
Previous