Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Big beer strut

User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Big beer strut

by Carla G » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:09 am

http://youtu.be/rF711XAtrVg

I can see how this sort of "in your face " marketing would appeal to some people out there but does anybody else see this as threatening and/or posturing along the lines of a Donald Trump mentality?
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Joni L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

Re: Big beer strut

by Joni L » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:19 am

Hey Carla,

I totally get where you're coming from, but I actually kind of liked the commercial... Let me say this - Budweiser has decades of success, so they're not just blowing steam like Mr. Trump. Bud can back up their braggadocio with facts, while Trump is just an egomaniac!

With that said, I could be biased - I do love a frosty Bud Light Lime in the summer! :lol:
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Big beer strut

by Carla G » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:55 pm

I guess gone are the days when they advertised with puppies and wisdom infused horses. It's just that these new ads look like so much posturing against the smaller craft distillers which, given the disproportionately HUGE marketing advantage that the big distillers (like Bud) have over the independents , well...they just come off as imperialists or bullies. Hence my likening to Trump.
Still, no fault, in any way, to you if you enjoy their product.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson