Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Wine dinner at Harvest

User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Wine dinner at Harvest

by Mark R. » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:57 pm

My wife received an email today regarding an upcoming Catalan Wine Dinner on March 6 Harvest. It sounds interesting so I thought I would share it here.
Attachments
Harvest.jpg
Harvest.jpg (319.54 KiB) Viewed 889 times
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Wine dinner at Harvest

by Robin Garr » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:59 pm

Thanks, Mark. I actually got that news release today, but held off on publishing it because I didn't want to use that giant image, so I asked David to give me the text. And here it is!

CATALAN WINE DINNER

Please join us for a very special evening when, for one night only, Harvest will transform from a Rustic-Regional restaurant into a North-Eastern Spanish restaurant; a region known as Catalonia.
Chef Patrick Roney, Sommelier Tim Quinlan and Taste Fine Wine & Bourbons Shop have collaborated on a delectable Catalan inspired menu made with local ingredients and paired to a special selection of wines from the Catalan region.
Also, guest speaker, David DuBou of Vintner select will guide us through the evening’s journey through the Catalan wine region with tales of Catalonia and the featured wine producers.

Sunday, March 6th 5:30pm Reception
Cost to attend is $69 per person plus tax & gratuity

For reservations, please contact Tim Quinalan at tim@harvestlouisville.com
Or call the restaurant @ 502-384-9090

Menu

Tapas:
Shaved Woodlands Charcuterie - Pan con Tomate
Smoked trout croquets - Olive oil cured bass
Isaac Fernandez NV Cava Brut Rosé "Biutiufl", Valencia, Spain
89 Points, International Wine Review: "If you like the fresh strawberry flavors of the Grenache grape, you’ll love this sparkler. It shows beautiful (biutiful) Grenache aromas and flavors and a creamy, soft mousse. The wine has enough ripe fruit to make it a good pairing for the Fall meals. Aged on the lees for 9 months

Red Claw and Catfish Zarzuella
orange,fennel and chervil
Las Colinas del Ebro 2014 Garnacha Blanca, Terra Alta, Spain
88 Points, Vinous: Perfumed aromas of dried peach, lemon pith and honey, with a hint of anise coming up with air. Fleshy and dry on the palate, offering intense pit and citrus fruit flavors and a touch of succulent herbs. Finishes dry and chewy, with good focus and spicy cut.

Rabbit, Country Ham and Mushroom Terrine
arugula and almond
Vega Escal 2011, Priorat, Spain
92 Points & "Best Buy", Wine & Spirits Magazine: "Over the last few years, Priorat vintners have been moving toward reds that show a cleaner and clearer expression of the place, rather than emphasizing power. This wine is a good example of the move. A blend of 50 % garnacha, 40% cariñena and 10 % syrah grown in the warm hills of Gratallops, it's filled with lush raspberry and strawberry flavors that reflect the region's sunny, hot days, as well as mineral tones from the soils that bring freshness and depth. It vibrates with energy, supple yet ample."

Stone Cross Farms Ribeye
potato and kale tortilla, Blackberry
Las Colinas del Ebro 2013 Syrah / Garnatxa Negra / Cariñena, Terra Alta, Spain
89 Points, Vinous: "60% Syrah 20% Garnatxa Negra 20% Cariñena. Smoky dark berry, cherry and floral aromas are lifted by a spicy nuance. The spicy note sharpens the juicy blackberry and bitter cherry flavors, with a smoky element emerging with aeration. I’d have guessed that there was more syrah in here. Finishes on a youthfully tannic note, with good energy and resonating spiciness.”

Bittersweet Chocolate Torta
with dulce de leche
Domaine Pouderoux 2011 Maury, Roussillon, France
The MOST AMAZING wine for Chocolate. Rich and sweert with flavors of xassis, fig, prune, black cherry, and hints of herbaceous spice. Robert Pouderoux's family have been making wine in Maury for nearly 200 years and the experience shines through in this great example of a fortified red from Roussillon.

In partnership with Taste Fine Wine & Bourbons - 634 E Market St, Louisville, KY