Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Catie Sparks

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:12 am

Quiet place for dinner for 14 (with kids!)

by Catie Sparks » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:36 pm

We are taking my mother out to celebrate her 60th birthday this Saturday. There will be 14 of us - 10 adults and 4 children. We are looking for a nice, quiet place that can accommodate us - nothing with a bar scene or TV's, and it must have a kid's menu.

Most of the family isn't very adventurous when it comes to food - no Indian, Thai, Korean, etc. I plan on calling DiFabio's this evening once they open to see if they have a kid's menu and if they could make it work for us. Any other ideas? I would say her preferred cuisine would be Italian, but I'm definitely open to suggestions!
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

Re: Quiet place for dinner for 14 (with kids!)

by Robin F. » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:56 pm

If DiFabios doesn't work, I would try Martinis at the Summit/Paddock Shops. It's locally owned now, they have a section that's kind of private and I would imagine there's a kids menu.
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:37 pm

You didn't mention price point. So, just thinking...
Captains Quarters, King Fish, - both equipped for large parties, have children's menu and full bars.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:56 pm

"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Catie Sparks

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:12 am

by Catie Sparks » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:05 pm

I was not aware of Martini's now being locally owned - thank you for sharing that, Robin! They do have a private room too, so that could definitely work.

Carla, I would say price point being $15 or under for most entrees. Full bar is not necessary and we are trying to steer away from anywhere with a lively bar scene. I haven't been to Captain's Quarters in over a decade - is it still pretty lively on the weekends?
no avatar
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

by Steve H » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:31 pm

My extended family has good luck at the Logan's Roadhouse on Dixie Hwy. They have a separate patio type room that can help keep the kids corralled. It's heated and also has a nice gas fireplace for the cold days. It does have 2 TVs that you could have them turn off. The waiter for that room is beyond excellent for large parties. His name escapes me, but I always tip him generously.

Pro tip: Bring your own real butter.
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:42 pm

Catie Sparks wrote:I was not aware of Martini's now being locally owned - thank you for sharing that, Robin! They do have a private room too, so that could definitely work.

Carla, I would say price point being $15 or under for most entrees. Full bar is not necessary and we are trying to steer away from anywhere with a lively bar scene. I haven't been to Captain's Quarters in over a decade - is it still pretty lively on the weekends?

I think the bar/ lounge area is separate from the majority of the dining area. Actually I was thinking of them more for their fairly "tame" or domestic menu.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Alexis Rich

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:24 pm

by Alexis Rich » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:13 pm

I can already hear the moans of the "eat local" folks as I type this but have you thought about The Old Spaghetti Factory? It's not particularly quiet but they sure handle large parties with ease. Is the food innovative or farmed 50 miles from here? Nope. But no one in your party cares about that, right?

Per the request of our 6 year old, we've eaten there a few times before some performances at the KY Center. It's not bad food. In fact, the pasta with browned butter and mizithra cheese is downright tasty. The price is also quite reasonable with most stuff under $15.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:19 pm

Delfino's on Taylorsville near the Snyder.