Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Oakroom Diamonds Dinner Wed Jan 20th

by Deb Hall » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:42 pm

I talked to my friend Ivor Chodkowski today, and found out about a great special event tomorrow night that’s a collaboration between two top Louisville Chefs:

The Oakroom has once again earned the AAA 5-Diamond Award (only restaurant in KY) and to celebrate, they are hosting an 8-course dinner 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 20. Four of the courses will be created by outgoing Chef Patrick Roney (headed to Harvest), and four of the courses will be prepared by newly announced Chef Nick Sullivan (formerly of 610 Magnolia).

Per Ivor, the planned menu is:
Smoked large mouth bass sushi with paddlefish caviar
Kentucky Red Claw and sunchoke bisque
Rutabaga with bourbon and white truffle
Foie gras with butternut squash and Swiss chard
Three Little Woodlands Pigs
Squab and pheasant with sweet potato and chanterelle
Beef short ribs
Milk chocolate with dulce de leche.

I haven't had the pleasure of Chef Sullivan's food, but I love Chef Roney and find his food amazing ! ( and he's a nice guy too :D ) Tickets are only $100 – that’s an incredible deal for this many courses at The Oakroom. They can be purchased by calling The Oakroom: 502-807-3463.

Deb