Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Over the 9

no avatar
User

bob.durbin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:20 am

Over the 9

by bob.durbin » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:30 am

I know this place got a lot of hype upon its opening. Just wondering if it's worth a look or if it should be overlooked because of it's location. I hear they've made some management changes recently and was curious if anyone has been lately.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Over the 9

by Robin Garr » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:31 am

They did have a management change, and I suspect it might have been significant. The short answer to your question, though, Bob, is that I haven't been lately. I hope someone will check in.
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

Re: Over the 9

by Will Crawford » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:01 am

I was there yesterday for a late lunch. The space is industrial chic- lots of reclaimed wood mixed with metal chairs and a big window looking into the wine operation. My girlfriend and I both ordered the house ground burger. Very good flavor and cooked to order. They had a good crowd that kept growing as our meal progressed. The friendly staff seemed to be keeping up. We did not try the wine or any Falls City Beer as it was a tad early for us but they were available as was a full bar.
The only complaint we had was that it was a bit chilly in the space. They did turn the heat up upon request. We will certainly be back.
Will Crawford