Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

Re: Fire at SuperChefs. :(

by Will Crawford » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:52 pm

Sorry to hear about this. What a shame.

Deb Hall wrote:So sad!
Due to the cost, most restaurants aren't going to have business interruption insurance, and of course the staff is out of work. :( :( :(

Note to all owners. Business interuption insurance is pretty affordable, especially considering what you may loose.
Will Crawford
no avatar
User

Alison Hanover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:27 pm

by Alison Hanover » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:03 pm

Business interruption insurance is very affordable. I have it, and claimed when I had to close for three days last summer when my cooler broke down. Also, surely Maria has regular insurance which will cover the rebuild? Very sad for the staff who will lose wages, but for the business owner, apart from the deductible surely it is not so bad?

Will Crawford wrote:Sorry to hear about this. What a shame.

Deb Hall wrote:So sad!
Due to the cost, most restaurants aren't going to have business interruption insurance, and of course the staff is out of work. :( :( :(

Note to all owners. Business interuption insurance is pretty affordable, especially considering what you may loose.
Alison Hanover
no avatar
User

travis.davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:44 pm

by travis.davis » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:41 pm

So according to the Insider Louisville article the Superchef GoFundMe is illegitimate and the actual creator is unknown. I saw the Chef Maria's one posted here. Can anyone vouch for it?

Absolutely despicable feeding of altruism

Ferguson said a Go Fund Me page working to raise money for SuperChefs’ restoration was not started by him or any of his associates. He also said he has no idea who set the fundraising goal of $250,000.

“That’s an inaccurate number, and we’re trying to figure out how to stop it,” said Ferguson.

source: http://insiderlouisville.com/lifestyle_ ... rias-deli/
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:28 am

Chef Maria told me she had started one when I saw her last Wednesday.
no avatar
User

Michele Brinke

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:34 am

Louisville

by Michele Brinke » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:15 am

I'm the one who posted Maria's Go Fund Me Link. I copied it from her FB page and yes it's legit. Sorry to hear about Super Chefs!
Michele Brinke
The Children's Pantry
502-290-4584
http://www.thechildrenspantry.com
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:33 pm

Moving to the Highlands....

http://www.wdrb.com/story/31810716/supe ... -highlands

Good foot traffic, but lousy parking -- not that it doesn't keep Sapparo from being packed every night. Hope it works out.
Previous