Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:33 am

An article about some of the restaurants opening this year.

http://insiderlouisville.com/lifestyle_ ... -new-year/
User

Ray Griffith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Highlands

Restaurant openings to watch out for in the New Year

by Ray Griffith » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:48 pm

http://insiderlouisville.com/lifestyle_culture/dining/restaurant-openings-to-watch-out-for-in-the-new-year/

I am particularly looking forward to Doc's Cantina in the old Tumbleweed location. Hopefully it will break the mediocrity (and below) curse of Louisville's and S. Indiana's waterfront restaurants.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: 2016

by Robin Garr » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Ray, I merged this with another post featuring the same link. Thanks for posting, but I thought it would be okay not to have it in two places. :)
User

Ray Griffith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Highlands

by Ray Griffith » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:23 am

Robin,

Makes sense to me. Besides, you're the boss. :wink:
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:55 pm

More stuff for 2016.
http://insiderlouisville.com/lifestyle_ ... confusion/

Also, an answer to that Casa question at the bottom. They write:
Local restaurant enthusiasts need to show some mercy to Stephen Hacker and wife Michelle Turner, co-authors of the new book “Lost Restaurants of Louisville.” There’s been a bit of carping online over the deliberate omission of Casa Grisanti from the book, as well as some questions about their knowledge of the local scene regarding the perceived oversight.

Long story short is the couple is more than familiar with Casa Grisanti, but they were told to leave it out of the book by their publisher, History Press (now Arcadia Press).

Why leave out the most influential restaurant in the city’s history? Because Arcadia Press wants a book on that restaurant alone, so it insisted they sidestep it altogether.

Debate over the wisdom of that decision all you like, but don’t blame Hacker and Turner. It wasn’t their call.
no avatar
User

Ian Hall

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:56 am

by Ian Hall » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:08 pm

We are extremely excited for Brooklyn and The Butcher to be mentioned in the conversation of these upcoming restaurant openings over the next couple of months. I feel this is probably the most anticipated and seasoned group of openings I have seen in quite some time. I am so happy for our neighbors at Feast as they get their new concept launched, Royals Hot Chicken. I just got back from Nashville for a little R & D and got a good fix of Hot Chicken, but left wanting a little more, and I think Ryan and his team will hit another home run with this one. I was surprised not to see Gospel Bird mentioned, with the talent of Eric Morris and Ethan Ray who I worked with during my time at Proof, coming to the sunny side of the river. We look forward to having them as a great addition to our growing and thriving downtown NA dining scene. On a personal note, the opening of our second restaurant, Brooklyn and The Butcher, a modern steakhouse, is coming together and will feature small plates and BIG STEAKS. A rotating small plates with an emphasis on local farms and purveyors, and a cocktail program second to none with a fantastic bar and lower level lounge, it's going to be special. We are targeting are hoping to open Valentine's Day 2016, as we just wrapped construction. We have an unbelievable management team assembled, as well as our trainers from The Exchange pub & kitchen ready to rock. We will begin assembling our FOH and BOH teams this coming week. This restoration project has been two years developing the 12 apartments, and 8 months on our restaurant dining space. It's going to be something special, and we can't wait to share the history of the old New Albany Inn and the 140 years of history this building has to offer, with some fantastic cuisine. Best of luck to all on this list, we wish you nothing but the best. One final thought....keep a close watch on what's happening in downtown NA, because in 6 months I will put our downtown dining scene up against any others in town. New Albany is revitalizing at a hurried pace, and we are getting ready to see a big shift in our favor. Hope to see everyone on the Sunny Side in 2016. Cheers. Ian
Attachments
no sleep.jpeg
no sleep.jpeg (8.23 KiB) Viewed 2368 times