Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Is it too soon?

User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Is it too soon?

by Robin Garr » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:34 pm

... to start making up Mall food court jokes? :lol:
User

Adriel Gray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Louisville Slugger

Re: Is it too soon?

by Adriel Gray » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:06 pm

I have not been to the mall in a long time. But still kinda wish I had been there. I love a good shindig.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:06 pm

200 views. No replies. I guess it IS too soon! :oops:
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:07 pm

Adriel Gray wrote:I have not been to the mall in a long time. But still kinda wish I had been there. I love a good shindig.

Oops! Thanks for the reply, Adriel! While you were posting I was just giving up. :lol:
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:18 pm

I don't think it's too soon I just think it's was here really care about one way or the other. The malls exist for certain groups of people in other groups avoid them whenever possible! I give you one guess which we fall into. :mrgreen:
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Adriel Gray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville Slugger

by Adriel Gray » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:20 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Adriel Gray wrote:I have not been to the mall in a long time. But still kinda wish I had been there. I love a good shindig.

Oops! Thanks for the reply, Adriel! While you were posting I was just giving up. :lol:

:P
User

Paul S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Goshen

by Paul S » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:33 pm

I haven't been going to the malls much the last couple of years. I was actually thinking it may have partly been a side effect of the movie theater that recently went in there.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:10 pm

Paul S wrote:I haven't been going to the malls much the last couple of years. I was actually thinking it may have partly been a side effect of the movie theater that recently went in there.

That theater is awesome, though. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten much attention. Great seating, excellent picture quality, decent concessions - they even have wine, although I haven't indulged. :mrgreen:
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:23 pm

I'm still trying to come to grips with the concept of "teens at a mall." I mean, what is this, 1987?
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:34 pm

Robin Garr wrote:That theater is awesome, though. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten much attention. Great seating, excellent picture quality, decent concessions - they even have wine, although I haven't indulged. :mrgreen:

You forgot one statement in your description of the concessions, OVERPRICED!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:41 pm

Mark R. wrote:You forgot one statement in your description of the concessions, OVERPRICED!

That's what the movies do, Mark. It's like wine pricing at high-end restaurants. They hike the price to make their numbers work. We pay the price because the overall experience is fun, and that's part of the deal. We live in a capitalist society, so movies aren't Free Stuff. :mrgreen:
User

Paul S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Goshen

by Paul S » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:41 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Mark R. wrote:You forgot one statement in your description of the concessions, OVERPRICED!

That's what the movies do, Mark. It's like wine pricing at high-end restaurants. They hike the price to make their numbers work. We pay the price because the overall experience is fun, and that's part of the deal. We live in a capitalist society, so movies aren't Free Stuff. :mrgreen:

Which is why I can afford better wine by drinking it at home. :mrgreen:
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:54 pm

Paul S wrote:Which is why I can afford better wine by drinking it at home. :mrgreen:

I hear ya! Seriously, though, I don't whinge about paying restaurant wine prices because I understand how the system has to work. But I also tend to look for the best QPR toward the lower end of the wine list. Or, increasingly as interesting cocktails become a thing, enjoy a cocktail instead, enjoying an alternative adult beverage for about the same price as a glass of wine. (And, truth be told, probably an even better markup if you look at the unit cost of the ingredients. :mrgreen: )
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:57 pm

Robin Garr wrote:That theater is awesome, though. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten much attention. Great seating, excellent picture quality, decent concessions - they even have wine, although I haven't indulged.

Have you been to the new Xcape Theater? It's across from Papa John HQ, sort of back-to-back with the Sam's Club and near SE Christian. They not only have a full range of food & liquor, but all their seats are leather and recline electronically! The only problem is that after a drink - and reclining into a horizontal position - unless the movie is GREAT you are guaranteed to fall asleep.

BTW, as you cannot get to the mall movie theater from inside the mall, I would hesitate to blame the "wilding" on adding a theater to the outside of the mall . . .
Andrew Mellman
User

Adriel Gray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville Slugger

by Adriel Gray » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:11 pm

http://www.wdrb.com/story/30839753/st-m ... cial-media

Well that explains it. Great job everybody. Nothing to see here.
Next