Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

New Years options?

User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

New Years options?

by Deb Hall » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:39 pm

Due to the sadly lamented closing of of CENA ( the 3 course prix-fixe last year was wonderful! ), we are looking for a New Years option for us and our 11 year old. Early dining is fine- great food is a must.
Who has suggestions?
Deb
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: New Years options?

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:57 pm

Let's pin this to the top of the forum in hope we can make it a useful list of New Year's Eve possibilities. I hope you find something great, Deb!
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:06 pm

Haven't heard what they are doing but I got email from Selena's last week announcing they are doing a New Year's Eve special. It said to call to find out what the specials were going to be and of course reservations will be required.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Adam D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:13 am

by Adam D » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:24 am

My wife and I have reservations at Proof. They are doing a 4 course pre fix. I believe the cost is between 65-85 a seating. I received an emailed menu yesterday. I'll post it later. Looks great!
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:40 am

Thanks, Robin!
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:45 am

Thanks, Mark!
A brief rant to the restaurants: if you are doing specials, why are you requiring me to make a call to find out what they are, and the price point? There are a lot of great restaurants in town- if you want to catch my attention ( and business), publicize your great NYE menu and price. Consumers aren't going to call every place to find out when your competitors make it easy. ( end rant :wink: )
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Asiatique does a big one every year, and they're staying open on Jan. 1, too, since it's a Friday. From their Emailer:

Asiatique wrote:We will be serving our NYE prix fixe menu as always, which consists of 4 courses:
(including a choice of salad, appetizer, entree, and desert) @ $45 per person (corrected!). Menu is available for viewing at our website, http://www.asiatiquerestaurant.com. You may also make reservations online from our website if you want to. This year we will open for dinner service on Jan 1, 2016 because it falls on a Friday.
For spur of the moment get together we can take care of your groups in one of our private dining rooms or cocktail lounge.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:25 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Asiatique does a big one every year ...

Here's the New Year's Eve menu at Asiatique. It's $45 per person prix fixe:

Asiatique
let the tongue travel

happy new year!

SALAD
baby spinach edamame, quinoa, miso+pineapple vinaigrette
garden organic mix, julienne carrot, hoisin+balsamic or sweet chili+basil vinaigrette

APPETIZER
ahi tuna pickled cucumber, ponzu+soy oil, sriracha, jalapeno, corn dust
stir fry lamb scallion, red onion, soy, chili oil, sweet potato basket
calamari dill, panko, pickled root vegetables, spicy miso aioli
chicken satay turmeric, lemongrass, house made peanut sauce
vegetables tare, chocolate+balsamic reduction, asian romesco
spring roll crabmeat, goat cheese, spicy miso aioli

ENTRÉE
salmon* wok fired, vegetables, roasted shallot, tomato concasse, chili oil
ahi tuna* vegetables, ginger crisp, yin-yang drizzle
wok shrimp+scallop vegetables, basil sauce, hot oil, scallion
lamb chop* roasted new zealand lamb, baharat, curried chick pea, mango+sambal yogurt
beef* grilled, tenderloin, cocoa, saffron risotto, sichuan peppercorn, nyonya sauce
duck* cumin+honey glaze, pickled vegetables, grand marnier+peppercorn sauce
tofu ginger dusted, asparagus tempura, saffron risotto, asian romesco

DESSERT
crème brulee trio of flavors, berry compote
torte dark chocolate, white chocolate, berry compote
cheesecake coconut salted caramel, ginger+cocoa soil

chef+partner : peng s looi sous chef : sarah strite managing partner : pabs sembillo

*consuming raw/under-cooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of food-borne illness.

Asiatique support local farmers and producers. There is no artificial additive, chemical or preservative used in our cooking. If you have any dietery restrictions, we ask that you alert your server upon arrival. We will accommodate your requests to the best of our ability. Please be advised that we at Asiatique cannot guarantee a 100% allergen-free dining experience. Thank you and we look forward to having you as our guest.

1767 bardstown road 40205 T 502 451-2749 http://www.asiatiquerestaurant.com
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:21 am

LouVino has an attractive offer for early diners, and space currently available ...

HALF OFF WINE BOTTLES TONIGHT at our 5PM seating with the purchase of our delicious 4-course pri-fixe menu! Reservations can be made online at www.louvino.com! We still have space for our 5PM and 9:15 seatings!